When it comes to the Grammys, there’s never a shortage of manicure inspiration, and this year was no exception. While the event typically unveils some of the wildest nail art we’ve ever seen, Meghan Trainor’s heart-tipped mani (which features genuine crushed rubies) is not only perfect for Valentine’s Day, it’s also fairly easy to recreate. Manicurist Kimmie Kyees filled us in on all the secrets to getting the singer’s swoon-worthy digits. "We chose this look to complement Meghan's gorgeous black lace-detailed dress and red lips," she says. "The look is just the right amounts of sweet and sassy—just like Meghan." Ready to DIY? Follow Kyees's step-by-step guide below to get started.
How to Get Meghan Trainor's Grammys Manicure:
1. First, I prepped Meghan’s acrylic nails by filing, buffing & shaping into a point. Next, I used Red Carpet Manicure's Prep Max Adhesion Sanitizer ($4; ulta.com), followed by the Structure Base Gel Coat ($10; ulta.com) and cured in the brand’s LED light ($50; ulta.com) for 30 seconds.
2. Next, I painted a coat of the brand's gel polish in Candid Moments ($10; ulta.com) and cured for 45 seconds, repeating the process for a second coat.
3. Using a striper brush, I placed a small dot of Red Carpet Manicure's Ruby Gel Polish ($12; redcarpetmanicure.com) to the free edge. This tip marks the center of the heart.
4. Now play connect the dots! Using a striper brush, pull the color up to an even arch on both sides. Color inside the lines using the Ruby Gel Polish. I then added super fine red loose glitter to the heart and cured for 45 seconds.
5. Apply RCM's Brilliance Top Coat ($10; ulta.com) and cure for 45 seconds.
6. Remove tacky residue with the brand's Purify Pre & Post Application Cleanser ($4; ulta.com).
Want more? Click through our gallery to see our favorite Grammys manicures through the years.