Happy birthday, Helen Mirren! The Oscar-, Emmy- and Tony-winning actress is celebrating a milestone today, turning 70 and continuing to leave her fans awestruck with her talent, grace and cool.
Dame Helen has entertained us with screen-grabbing roles in films including The Queen, Gosford Park, and The Last Station; but it's when the iconic star does the unexpected—like sucking helium with a late night host, admitting to a little schoolgirl crush on a certain action star, or taking public transportation—that her just-like-us appeal becomes downright irresistible!
VIDEO: See Helen Mirren Through The Years
Celebrate the Academy Award-winning star's momentous birthday with seven of her most unpretentious and lovable moments:
1. When she got one step closer to achieving ultimate EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony) greatness by accepting her Tony win:
2. When she starred in L'Oreal Paris's beauty campaign with unretouched images:
3. When she admitted she "fell a little bit in love with" Vin Diesel:
4. When she sucked helium on live television with Jimmy Fallon:
5. When she TWERKED at Harvard:
6. When she had one of Hollywood's leading heartthrobs, Ryan Reynolds, wrapped around her finger:
7. When she graced New York City with her presence on the subway(!)—pitch-perfect posture and tote securely in place: