If you're looking please your partner this Valentine's Day, this heartfelt take on eggs and toast may be just the ticket. It has all the trappings of a well-thought-out meal, but takes under 10 minutes to prepare and requires ingredients that are likely already in your fridge and pantry (bread, butter, eggs, salt, and pepper). For an extra lovey-dovey add-on, serve it with a cup of tea and cut out a paper heart with a sweet message taped onto the tea bag. Just follow these five simple steps, and get ready to collect some serious kisses.
1 slice of bread
1 stick butter
Salt and pepper
1. Using a 2 3/4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart in the center of a slice of bread.
2. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Place slice and cutout heart in pan. Cook 3 minutes or until golden.
3. With a spatula, turn both pieces of bread. Crack egg into center of heart shape.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until egg has set on the bottom.
Editors' note: This recipe was featured in the February 2010 issue of InStyle.