SoftSheen-Carson stylist Johnny Wright keeps Michelle Obama’s mane polished to perfection—and we asked him your top five hair questions:
1) Kara: “How often do you recommend washing your hair if you work out on a daily basis?"
“Less is better. Don’t wash everyday even if you work out. Every other day is a much better option."
2) Misty: “Do you have a favorite flat iron?"
“I’m in love with the Corioliss Flat Iron. It’s made with titanium, which is less damaging than other metals."
3) Eva: “What styling tips can you give for women over 40?”
“As women age, their hair tends to thin—so all styles seem flat. Give your look tons of body by choosing a rich thickening cream to plump strands and create volume.”
4) Mia: "What temperature setting should I use to straighten my own hair?"
"Don't go higher than 350 degrees when using a flat iron on at home.”
5) Joseph Bontilao: “What shampoo do you recommend?”
“I use Roots of Nature Nurturing Shampoo for strong, shiny locks. It’s infused with moisturizing ingredients like shea butter and green tea.”