In order to have a successful party, a good host not only needs a delicious menu and tasty cocktails, but also a playlist that hits every note. If you need help curating your own playlist this holiday season, we reached out to Los Angeles DJ Michelle Pesce, who shared her favorite hits with InStyle.com. "I'm going with the attitude that just because it's swanky doesn't mean it has to be boring," Pesce told us. "I love doing a mix of new and old with a true holiday song mixed here and there." Scroll down to see some of her party picks (plus why she chose them), and be sure to follow her on Twitter @DJMichellePesce for more musical inspiration all year long!
[spotify id="spotify:user:1252496992:playlist:0hHdsbLMpjMmVDISzBVriR" width="300" height="380" /]
1. Prince, "Let's Go Crazy""Almost any Prince song warms up the room. This happens to be one of my favorites!"
2. Madonna, "Holiday""Classic old-school Madonna that makes people bob their heads."
3. Beyoncé featuring Jay Z, "Crazy in Love" and Beyoncé, "xo""Upbeat and filled with passion and love -- it's perfect for the holidays."
4. Pharrell Williams, "Happy" "This is a soulful, feel-good song. He put out a 24-hour, interactive video to go along with it. You can't hear this song and not smile!"
5. Justin Timberlake, "Let the Groove Get In""Justin has had a huge year, and this song is filled with fun nighttime energy to add to a party. I love the remix."
6. Robin Thicke, "Feel Good" "Here is another artist who has had a big 2013, and this new song is fun and perfect for a cocktail party."
7. Donna Summer, "Bad Girls" (Gigamesh Remix)"I think a good remix can make any older song sound fresh and hip, and not disrespect the original. This is a classic that everyone at the party will know, and I love the vibe of the remix."
8. Avicii featuring Aloe Blacc, "Wake Me Up""One of the biggest dance songs of this year and it has soul! Who doesn't want to dance when they hear it?"
Now, all you need is a rockin' outfit to pair with this rockin' playlist!