The 2016 Emmys Awards are almost upon us. To help fuel your binge-watching this weekend, why not fix up a cocktail that your favorite small-screen stars will be sipping after the show? This year's drink of choice for the annual Governors Ball—named "The Moonlighter"—calls for vodka, homemade chamomile-lavender syrup, lemon juice, Cocchi Americano, and soda water. "It's simple yet elegant: mildly effervescent, crystal clear, and delicately floral," says mixologist Charles Joly, who devised the recipe. See for yourself below.
1 1/2 oz Ketel One Vodka ($38; liquorama.net)
3/4 oz chamomile-lavender syrup (recipe below)
3/4 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz Cocchi Americano ($17; winewisegreenwich.com)
3 oz soda water
Mint and lavender sprigs for garnish (optional)
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients over ice to chill.
2. Pour into a Collins glass over ice.
3. Garnish with mint and lavender sprigs.
For the Chamomile-Lavender Syrup
1. Brew 1 cup of strong chamomile and lavender tea.
2. Remove tea bags or herbs.
3. Measure remaining amount of brewed tea, stir in equal volume of sugar until dissolved and chill.