The 2013 Council of Fashion Designers of America Fashion Awards are just hours away! This is the one night a year when the fashion industry’s most influential tastemakers will gather at Lincoln Center in New York City to find out who will be named the Designer of the Year for womenswear, menswear, and accessories. From nominees to presenters to special honorees, we highlighted the top five things you should get excited about. Scroll down to check it out, and then come back to InStyle.com tomorrow to see the star presenters and starry-eyed winners.
1. HILLARY IS GOING!Hillary Clinton is making a special appearance to present her longtime friend Oscar de la Renta with The Founder’s Award. The famed designer has already received the CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award and Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, but this year, he is being recognized for his unique contribution to the fashion world. Congrats, Oscar!
2. VERA IS GETTING A LIFETIME ACHEIVEMENTRalph Lauren is set to present the prestigious Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Award to Vera Wang. Last year's honoree was Tommy Hilfiger and the both are in the company of Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Anna Sui, and Carolina Herrera.
3. IT'S GOING TO BE FUNNY! ANDY COHEN IS THE HOSTThe always cheerful and humorous Andy Cohen, most beloved for his Watch What Happens Live on Bravo, will host the Awards. We haven't forgotten about last year's host, Seth Meyers, but will Cohen be able to make us laugh even harder? From a Tweet he posted today, he just might. Watch out, Clinton! "I'm sure Mrs. Clinton will enjoy my routine about her! #SeemedFunnyWhenWeWroteIt," he wrote.
4. IT WILL BE STARRY, TOOUsually on the red carpet, the designers praise the stars, but not tonight. This time, celebrities like Kerry Washington, Rose Byrne, Jessica Chastain, and Ethan Hawke will be among this year’s presenters honoring fashion's elite.
5. FINALLY. WE'LL FIND OUT THE WINNERS!Ever since the designers were announced in March, we've been wanting to know who will be tonight's biggest winners. By tonight, we'll know! Tune in tomorrow to InStyle.com to find out who took home the Designer of the Year awards and the Swarovski Designer of the Year awards for rising designers.
Plus, see last year's winners!