[tiImage width="594" height="334" url="http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2014/WRN/042614-clooney-amal-alam..."
credit="Dave M. Benett/WireImage; Mark Robert Milan/FilmMagic" align="center" border="0" alt="George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin"]Hollywood's perpetual bachelor seems to be ditching the single life for good. According to People.com, George Clooney, 52 and his latest lady love Amal Alamuddin, 36, are engaged! The duo had a whirlwind, jet-setting courtship including a movie screening with President Obama in February and a Tanzanian safari a month later. But if you haven't had the chance to catch-up with the couple, here are 5 things to know about Clooney's soon to be missus:
5. Not just a pretty face, Alamuddin, according to her LinkedIn profile, is a London-based barrister with Doughty Street Chambers, and specializes in international law, criminal law, human rights and extradition. As if those credentials weren't impressive enough, she attended Oxford University before receiving her L.L.M. degree from New York University. Not too shabby!
4. It's not just famous boyfriends, Alamuddin has had her share of famous clients. In 2011, she was part of the team that defended Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in extradition proceedings.
3. Three's a charm: the international beauty, who was born in Beirut and raised in the U.K., speaks English, French and Arabic.
2. Beauty and brains runs in the family. Alamuddin's mom Baria is an accomplished journalist and broadcaster who has interviewed Indira Ghandi, Fidel Castro, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher.
1. Clooney isn't her only admirer. In 2013, she topped the "21 Hottest Barristers in London" list on the Tumblr blog Your Barrister Boyfriend. Though we'd also bet she'd make the best dressed list. Not stuck on boring barrister suits, Alamuddin has been spotted in everything from funky print skinny pants to a red-hot date night dress.
Can't believe Clooney is about to tie the knot? The smooth actor wasn't always the silver fox. See his Hollywood transformation from TV sitcom regular to bona fide movie star!