There are certain favorites in InStyle’s Best Beauty Buys awards that win time and time again. As a beauty editor, I’m always testing new launches and exciting innovations, but sometimes I end up going back to a cult classic. In this case, that would be the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer ($44; sephora.com). I’m one for minimal makeup and this makeup-meets-skincare hybrid really works. Why do I love it? Let me count the ways:
1. It contains SPF AND antioxidants. I don’t get much sun exposure during the day but being a beauty editor has taught me to always wear sunblock (yes, even when it's cloudy). This blend contains an SPF of 20 and vitamins C and E, which help protect skin against wrinkle causing free radicals.
2. It comes in 15 glorious shades. Having a caramel complexion, I find that it can be hard to locate a formula that matches my skin tone. This line comes in an impressive shade range and works perfectly with my brown skin (I wear the shade "Tan").
3. It hydrates. Dry complexions, rejoice—the formula (which contains moisturizing sodium hyaluronate) glides over skin and never gets cakey or flakey. Therefore, coverage always looks natural and nearly invisible. Which brings me to my next point …
4. It covers. For those with fairly even skin conditions, a heavy foundation might be too much for daily use. This base offers sheer-medium coverage (you can build it where you need it) but it still allows your skin to show through.
5. It lasts. Like most women, I’ll apply my makeup in the early morning and while this lasts all day, it feels feather light on my skin.