What a night! The 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards packed a lot of fun in just three hours, from the fashions on the red carpet to the surprising winners of the night. Here's our 9 favorite moments from the night:
1. Hosts Tina Fey and Amy PoehlerAccording to Fey and Poehler, their second time hosting the Golden Globes "was a beautiful mess we hoped it would be!" The two funny ladies kicked off the night with a series of jokes that had even Tom Hanks laughing. Our two favorite skits? Poehler taking the stage as Fey's son Randy aka Mr. Globes and Julia Louis-Dreyfus eating in a hotdog.
2. Jennifer Lawrence—InStyle's December 2013 Cover Girl—Wins Best Supporting ActressShe did it again! Lawrence took home the first Golden Globe award of the night for her role as Christian Bale's unpredictable wife in David O. Russell's American Hustle. Just last year, Lawrence won a Golden Globe for best actress in Silver Linings Playbook and she is showing no signs of slowing down.
3. Breaking Bad's Last HurrahIt was the perfect way to say goodbye to Breaking Bad, which received the two gold statuettes for Best Drama Series and Best Actor (Bryan Cranston).
4. Amy Adams 15th Anniversary of Moving to LAThe American Hustle actress had a lot to celebrate last night! Not only did she take home the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, but the night marked her 15th anniversary of her big move to Los Angeles to begin her career. Congratulations Amy!
5. The Bacons Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick shared an adorable family moment when they took to the stage to introduce their 21-year-old daughter, Sosie Bacon, as Miss Golden Globe. "We know Miss Golden Globe," they shouted right before Fey and Poehler interjected with their hilarious Mr. Golden Globe skit.
6. A Barefoot Emma ThompsonLeave it to Thompson to present an award barefoot! The Saving Mr. Banks star hit the stage with her Christian Louboutins in her hand (she even tossed them behind her back before she announced the winner) and we can't say we're shocked! When we caught up with the Golden Globe-nominated actress during the National Board of Review Awards Gala in New York City she admitted to InStyle.com, "heels get more painful as you get older. I’ve got band aids on every single toe." Who knows, come Oscars time, going onstage barefoot might become a trend!
7. Amy Poehler Winning Her First Golden Globe"I never won anything like this," Poehler exclaimed while accepting her very first Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Television Comedy Series (Parks and Recreation). What made the moment priceless was she got a personal back massage from Bono, and even made out with him. Not a bad way to accept an award!
8. Leonardo DiCaprio Winning Best ActorAfter nine nominations and one win, DiCaprio can finally add another Golden Globe win to his roster! The Wolf of Wall Street star earned one of the night's biggest honors, Best Actor in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, and he didn't skip a beat during his acceptance speech to thank his director, Martin Scorsese, by saying, "thank you for your mentorship."
9. Adorable Couple Moment: Matthew McConaughey and Wife Camila AlvesAside from being the most stylish couple on the red carpet—they were both in clad in Dolce & Gabbana—they were also the cutest. Right before McConaughey accepted his award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama, the two shared an adorable kiss and he even thanked her during his speech. Our hearts runneth over!