It feels like Charlie Puth went from showcasing his vocals on YouTube to recording hit singles with the hottest artists in the music game overnight. The singer's sweet melodies were featured on one of the biggest songs of last summer, Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again,” which put Puth on the map as it dominated the music charts. But that was just the beginning of the 24-year-old’s success. He’s been working on killer collaborations, recording tracks with stars like Meghan Trainor and Lil Wayne. And he recently took to Instagram to share with his 1.2 million followers that he’s teaming up with Selena Gomez next.
That wasn’t the first time that Puth used social media to give fans an inside look at his music-filled world. Whether he’s beat-boxing with friends or dancing to his catchy new tune with Gomez, Puth often shares singalong-worthy videos. Here are nine of our favorites.
1. After Puth and Selena Gomez stopped by the InStyle & Warner Bros. after-party at the 2016 Golden Globes, the duo jammed out to their new single, which drops on Jan. 29.
2. Puth put his own spin on a traditional Christmas carol to create a swoon-worthy melody.
3. Justin Bieber better watch out. Puth covered the singer’s hit song, “Sorry," with Shawn Mendes and Fifth Harmony’s Camila Cabello.
4. Just when we thought Drake’s “Hotline Bling” couldn’t get catchier, Puth gave us another version of the song—and we can’t get this one out of our heads, either.
5. He doesn’t just sing. Puth proved that he’s a man of many talents by showing off his piano skills.
6. Puth added his own twist to Ariana Grande’s hit single, “Focus," by adding a bit of beat boxing.
7. Puth treated us to another piano sesh, sharing a clip from his song that started it all, "See You Again.”
8. After dreaming of a tune, Puth played it as soon as he opened his eyes. Talk about dedication.
9. He used 80 tracks of his own voice humming to create an entire “Charlie Choir” for a song.