A few things that come to mind when you think of Thanksgiving: family, food, gratitude, and, of course, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The parade is almost as synonymous with the annual holiday as turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.
Every year, it hits the streets of N.Y.C. and television sets nationwide, adding just a bit more cheer to everyone's holiday. And while we make sure to tune in every year, we're especially excited for the 2014 festivities—read on to find out why!
1. We'll be getting our first glimpse of NBC's Peter Pan Live! The live action version of the famous film is set to air on Dec. 4 with Allison Williams starring as the title character, but revelers will get a sneak peek of the show during the parade.
2. The balloons! Every year, the over-sized balloons that float down Central Park West and 6th Avenue in Manhattan seem to get bigger and better. This year's parade lineup features 16 character balloons, including six brand new ones like Paddington Bear and Pikachu, as well as 33 novelty and ornament balloons.
3. And while we're speaking about numbers, here's a few more to get excited about: there will be 1,300 cheerleaders, 1,000 clowns, 27 floats, and 12 marching bands in the parade as well. Talk about a party!
4. 2014's lineup of performers includes some of our favorite names in music, like "All About That Bass" singer Meghan Trainor, Frozen's Idina Menzel, Nick Jonas, and Lucy Hale. Also look for performances by Cirque du Soleil and the Big Apple Circus.
5. Pentatonix is also set to make an appearance, and if you haven't heard of them, now is the time to brush up. This group of five singers create some of the most beautiful a cappella covers of our favorite Christmas songs that we've ever heard, and their performance is sure to be a memorable one!
Tune in to NBC this Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in all time zones to catch all the parade action!