It’s safe to say we are all are well acquainted with the term "athleisure," and if there is one shoe that has defined that trend, it’s the Adidas Stan Smith. Ever since Celine’s Phoebe Philo wore them to take her bow at the label's spring 2011 runway show (above), the shoe has been the white sneaker de jour for the fashion crowd.
That said, a snow-hued pair of kicks are a staple in any woman’s accessories arsenal, but Stan is by no means the only cool kid on the block. Try one of the 10 footwear options below for just as much cool street cred.
1. FEIT sneakers, $540; feitdirect.com.Each shoe is minimal, slick, and handmade in small quantities. And, the black panel on the backside is a nice touch.
2. Superga sneakers, $65; superga-usa.com.A classic simple chic canvas Italian sneaker, ’nuff said.
3. Lacoste sneakers, $85; zappos.com.The white cap toe and embossed croc detail is what makes these sneakers stand out.
4. Common Projects sneakers, $375; net-a-porter.com.The brand has been under the radar for awhile, but their clean-line look is hard to beat.
5. Nike sneakers, $90; nike.com.Intended to be a basketball shoe, the Air Force 1 is one of Nike’s most popular sneakers year after year.
6. APC sneakers, $355; apc.com. The French always do it just a bit chicer, and these simple tennis shoes are on-point.
7. Gucci sneakers, $495; gucci.com.A throw back to '80s Gucci, these kicks come complete with the iconic green and red laces that are fit for a true baller.
8. 10 Crosby sneakers, $195; dereklam.com.These laceless sneakers feature suede strips that make them look like a lace-up rather then a slip-on.
9. Vans sneakers, $45; vans.com.Vans give off the classic skater vibe, plus they are simple and easy to wear.
10. Adidas Superstar sneakers, $80; Now that the Stan Smith has had it’s year, the next to come down the re-launch pipeline is the Adidas Superstar (you may know it as the shelltop). These are the kicks that made “My Adidas” everyone's jam back in the day.