Mad Men Style Contest: Official Rules
INSTYLE’S MAD MEN STYLE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: InStyle’s Mad Men Style Contest (the “Contest”) begins 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 13, 2015 and ends 11:59 P.M. ET on April 30, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, go to instyle.com/madmencontest (the “Website”) and follow on-screen instructions to submit your original Mad Men inspired “selfie” using the hashtag #MadMenStyle. Limit one (1) entry per person. Sponsor (as defined below) is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or entries not received for any reason. Entries become sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by Costume Designer, Janie Bryant, based on the following criteria: Composition of photo (25%); Creativity (25%); Overall Charm and Appeal of Photo (25%) and Appropriateness to Contest Theme (25%). Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by email on or about May 7, 2015.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are nineteen (19) years or older at time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Lions Gate Television Inc. (“Lionsgate”) and their promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee are not eligible.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One (1) winner will receive a costume worn by Mad Men character, Don Draper consisting of the following: One (1) jacket, one (1) pair of pants, one (1) shirt, and one (1) tie. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One Thousand U.S. Dollars ($1,000.00). All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and the value of the prize awarded to the winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Contest Entities makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, of any kind concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND CONTEST ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or any prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these Official Rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any photo(s) and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry meet the following submission requirements: (i) the entry must be original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party; (ii) Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such photo(s) and other materials and Entrant must provide upon request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry (in the event an Entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable entry, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s benefit, or allow the applicable entry to remain in Contest); (iii) the entry must not include images that are obscene, violent, pornographic, libelous, offend or denigrate any group or class of people, could reflect unfavorably on any of the Contest Entities, defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, infringe upon any person’s or entity’s personal, commercial, or proprietary rights, or is otherwise objectionable; and (iv) the entry must not include any corporate logos. Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that Sponsor has determined, in its sole and exclusive opinion, fail to adhere to these submission requirements, expose Sponsor to any unacceptable degree of technical, legal, or financial risks or problems, use text and/or other components in a manner objectionable to Sponsor or its affiliates, or is otherwise deemed inappropriate, all as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted photo(s), along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential winner, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) above within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the photo and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, and/or photograph, other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and winner agree to hold Contest Entities and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, available after May 7, 2015 send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to InStyle’s Mad Men Style Contest, attn: Sharon Clott Kanter, 1271 Avenue of the Americas, 26-210, New York, NY 10020. These Official Rules will be posted on the Website during the Contest Period.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is TI Media Solutions Inc., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10038. Lionsgate is not responsible for the administration of the Contest, the collection of entries, or the selection of winners.
TM, ® & © 2015 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.