Scroll down for Bobby Flay's recipe.Dulce De Leche Ingredients:
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Dulce De Leche Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Scrape milk into an 8" baking dish; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place dish inside a roasting pan; fill pan with enough water to come halfway up sides of baking dish. Bake for 1 1/4 hours, adding more water to pan if needed.
3. When milk becomes a thick caramel, remove from oven; let cool, covered, for 15 minutes before serving. Yields 1/2 cup.
1 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tsp
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cups sifted flour, plus more for kneading dough
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
2 tbsp very cold vegetable shortening
2/3 cup ice cold water
1 1/2 cups canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream
1. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Use fingertips or a pastry cutter to work in shortening to form coarse crumbs. Slowly add water; mix until just combined.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap; let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350°F on a deep-fry thermometer. Line a large plate with several layers of paper towels.
5. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a ¼"–thick, 12" x 15" rectangle, then cut into 2" x 3" pieces (about 24).
6. Fry in batches of 5 until golden and puffed on both sides (about 1 minute per side). Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels for 30 seconds.
7. Immediately dredge in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream and a dollop of dulce de leche.
Serves 4-6Read MoreLess