Scroll down for Maria Bello's recipe.Crust Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Blend in flour to form a ball.
3. Press dough onto bottom and about 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
4. Spread with a thin layer of raspberry jam.
5. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
16 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
2. Pour over jam-covered crust.
4 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples, from about 6 medium apples 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Toss apples and cranberries with sugar and cinnamon; spoon over cream cheese layer and sprinkle with almonds.
1. Bake torte at 450°F for 10 minutes; with torte still in oven, lower heat to 400°F and bake for 40 additional minutes.
2. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up filling.
3. Use a thin knife to carefully loosen torte from sides of pan and remove. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
Serves 6-8Read MoreLess