3 large heads broccoli, cut into spears
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
Garnish: lemon wedges
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add broccoli and blanch for 2 minutes.
3. Remove broccoli and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
4. In separate pan, melt butter and add almonds, sautéing over medium heat until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
5. Transfer almonds to a plate and wipe down pan with a kitchen towel. Add olive oil and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add broccoli and stir. Sprinkle with lemon juice and salt; cook 1 minute more.
6. Remove to a warm dish; garnish with almonds and lemon wedges.
Skip to news content.