Scroll down for Christina Hendricks's recipe.Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon, chopped
2 cups onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
6 garlic cloves, chopped
12 cups cauliflower (2 large heads), chopped in 1" pieces
8 cups chicken broth
3" cube of Pecorino Romano cheese, plus extra for garnish
1 cup heavy cream
salt and black pepper to taste
crumbled bacon and fresh herbs for garnish
white truffle oil for drizzling on top
1. Saute bacon in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat until golden brown; set aside a few pieces to crumble as garnish.
2. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cover; cook until veggies are soft, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, broth and cheese; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Puree soup in batches in a blender.
5. Return to pan, add cream; let soup simmer. Thin with more broth if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Ladle into bowls, top with cheese shavings, bacon, any fresh herb (like tarragon), and a tiny drizzle of truffle oila little goes a long way.
Serves 8Read MoreLess