Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers (about 10 crackers)
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Cook's Note: You can always buy a pre-made graham cracker crust at your grocery store.
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients:
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup cornstarch
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
10 large marshmallows, halved on the diagonal
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Break up the graham crackers by hand and add to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process the crackers until ground. Add the butter and sugar and pulse until the mixture looks like wet sand.
3. Transfer the graham crackers to a 9-inch pie plate and, using your hands, press to form a crust. You just want the crust to be of even thickness around the pie plate. Bake until crisp and the crust begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
1. In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the milk, cream, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Over medium heat bring the mixture to a simmer. Once the milk and cream are simmering, gradually whisk in the cornstarch and continue to whisk until the pudding thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the bittersweet chocolate and vanilla.
2. Pour into the cooled pie shell and chill, covering pudding surface with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the pudding to set.
3. Just before serving, preheat your broiler. Top the pudding pie with the large marshmallows, covering the entire pie surface. Transfer the pie to a baking sheet. Broil the marshmallows 4 inches under the broiler until the tops are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on this, it goes fast! Alternatively, use a kitchen torch to brown the marshmallow topping. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy cookingchanneltv.com.Read MoreLess