For dinner, Michele cooks up a super healthy plate of salmon and nutrient-rich asparagus. "My mother always taught me to respect my body," she writes in Brunette Ambition. "You?re only given one and should take the best care of it that you can."
1 cup uncooked brown rice
half a salmon fillet
2 tsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
6 asparagus spears
1. Start a grill and let it heat until it?s dry and hot.
2. Put the rice in a rice cooker; if you don?t have a rice cooker, you can use the stovetop (follow the directions on the package, though in general it?s a ratio of 1:2 of rice to water).
3. Brush the salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, sprinkle the pink side with a bit of sea salt, and pour the lemon juice on top.
4. Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Drizzle the asparagus with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and some sea salt, and carefully place each spear on the grill.
6. Flip the salmon flesh side down and grill for a few minutes, until cooked to your liking.
7. Once the asparagus are nicely charred and tender, about 5 minutes, remove from the heat and serve them alongside the salmon and rice.Read MoreLess