For lunch, she loves this satisfying and delicious recipe for veggie lentil burgers.
1 cup dry lentils
½ onion, finely chopped
½ carrot, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
¾ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup spinach
1. Boil the lentils in 2.5 cups of salted water for 45 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Sauté the onion and carrot in olive oil.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, carrots, lentils, pepper, soy sauce, breadcrumbs, and egg.
5. Form the mixture into patties and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Using the same pan, sauté spinach.
7. Squeeze lemon juice over spinach, and spoon it over patty.
8. Top the burger with anything else that you likeI usually add a slice of pepper jack rice cheese, organic ketchup, and a few slices of avocado.Read MoreLess