"On non-cheat days I try to keep my diet fairly simple and really make sure that what I eat is not only satisfying and delicious, but nutritious enough to give me the energy I need to do my job," Lea Michele writes in her new lifestyle book Brunette Ambition. For breakfast, she loves a fluffy and yummy frittata.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
¼ onion, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
8 egg whites (you can separate these, or buy these in a carton)
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
8 ounces fresh spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a heavy skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-low heat.
3. Sauté onions and peppers until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook for three minutes.
6. Sprinkle the top with feta and spinach.
7. Put skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes; if you use whole eggs instead of egg whites, bake at 400 degrees.
8. Loosen the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula, and then invert onto a plate.Read MoreLess