Recipe: • ¼ cup sugar
• 8 cups watermelon, chunks, seeds removed
• Juice of 2 limes
• 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish
• ½ cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
• 1 cup silver tequila
• Crushed ice
Method: • Combine ¼ cup water with the sugar in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Pour the syrup into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour or overnight.
• Puree the watermelon in a food processor until smooth. Strain the juice into a bowl and discard the solids.
• Put the syrup, lime juice, blueberries, and mint in a pitcher and muddle until the berries are slightly crushed. Add the tequila and watermelon juice and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
• Serve over crushed ice, garnished with mint leaves and blueberries.
Bobby Flay's Song of Summer: "Gin and Juice" by Snoop DoggRead MoreLess