Recipe: • Strawberry Ginger Syrup:
• 2 medium sized pieces of ginger
• ½ pint strawberries
• 2 ½ cups water
• 2 cups granulated sugar • 2 ounces Sauza gold tequila
• 1 ounce triple sec
• ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
• ½ ounce fresh lime juice
• ¾ ounce strawberry ginger syrup Strawberry Ginger Syrup: • Wash and remove stems from strawberries.
• Peel and cut ginger into smaller chucks.
• Puree strawberries and ginger in a blender with 1/2 cup of water until completely smooth.
• Place strawberry ginger mixture in a saucepan with remaining 2 cups of water and granulated sugar.
• Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently so it does not burn or stick to the pan. Let mixture simmer for 10 minutes then turn off.
• Let the syrup cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
• Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
Method: • Place all ingredients in a ½ pint glass. Shake and return to a ½ pint glass
• Garnish with lime with and half a strawberry crusted with kosher salt.
Thistle Hill Tavern's Song of Summer: AC/DC "Let There Be Rock" and Eddie Murphy "Party All The Time."Read MoreLess