Courtesy Photos (2)
12, 1-inch thick slices, country-style Italian bread
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
3 tablespoons julienned basil, for garnish
4 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup oven-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon Wolfgang Puck Tomato Basil Sauce
1/2 cup julienned basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
1. Pre-heat broiler or grill.
2. In medium bowl combine fresh and oven-dried tomatoes, sauce, basil, salt and black and red peppers. Set aside.
3. Broil or grill bread until golden brown on both sides. In small bowl combine extra-virgin olive oil and roasted garlic.
4. Brush over toasted bread slices.
5. Using a slotted spoon to drain off excess liquid, divide tomato mixture among bread slices. Garnish with extra julienned basil leaves, if desired, and serve immediately. Serves 6.