Claim to fame: Jose Garces is one of the main chefs on Food Network's Iron Chef America. He is also the owner of Amada, Distrito and Chifa in Philadelphia.Ingredients:
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup small diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 potatoes, peeled, diced and blanched
salt to taste
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
2. Lightly beat the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Fold in the onions, garlic and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan. Pour the mixture into the heated pan and cook on one side for 4 minutes. Flip the tortilla into another non-stick pan the same size.
4. Bake the tortilla, covered, for about 10 minutes at 300°F.
5. Serve the tortilla with garlic aioli. Serves 4.Read MoreLess