Neil Patrick Harris’s Ooey Gooey Bars
Nonstick spray, for pan
1 box pound-cake mix (16 oz.)
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan; set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs. Mix until smooth.
4. Spread mixture evenly in pan.
5. In a medium bowl combine 2 1/2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth.
6. Carefully spread cream-cheese mixture evenly over first layer and sprinkle with pecans.
7. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
8. Dust with remaining sugar and cut into 2" squares.
Skip to news content.