3 cups bread crumbs
2 cups semolina flour
1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated Zest of one lemon
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 quarts chicken broth
Garnish: Italian parsley
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. Using hands or a stand mixer with dough hook, add eggs and lemon juice and mix.
3. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 tbsp at a time, continuing to mix until you have a workable dough that's not too dry or too sticky.
4. Form dough into ball, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Roll out dough into ½-inch thick ropes; cut into 2-inch-long strips. (Or simply feed dough through a meat grinder or the grinder attachment for a stand mixer.)
6. Separate pieces and place them in a single layer on baking sheets. Place in freezer for 10–15 minutes until pasta is set. (You can make noodles in advance and keep them frozen until ready to prepare broth).
7. In a large soup pot, bring remaining chicken broth to a boil. Add noodles; reduce to a simmer. Cook for 1–1½ hours.
Skip to news content.