Makes 18 cake pops
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp smoked paprika
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 large egg
1/3 cup whole milk
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
4 oz. feta cheese (try French feta), cut into small cubes
18 cake-pop sticks (50 included with machine)
1. Preheat cake-pop maker and mist with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, paprika, and a grind or two of pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, and olive oil. Add wet mixture to the flour mixture; quickly whisk until just combined, being careful not to overbeat. Add basil and feta; lightly mix.
4. Place 1 heaping tbsp batter into each hotcake mold and close lid. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes; gently open lid and remove cakes, using a fork to loosen if necessary.
5. Insert cake-pop sticks and let cakes sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
THE GADGET: Babycakes cake-pop maker, Select Brands, $25; thebabycakesshop.com.