Gingerbread Brownie Ingredients:
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup molasses
2 large eggs
½ cup sour cream
cream cheese frosting, recipe follows
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
2, 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 cups powdered sugar
Gingerbread Brownie Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Line with parchment paper with excess overhang on both sides for easy removal of brownies.
2. In mixing bowl, whisk to combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and spices.
3. In a separate mixing bowl whisk to combine melted butter, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, and sour cream. Slowly whisk in flour mixture, a little at a time, stirring just until it comes together; avoid over mixing. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
4. Bake for 30 -35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool 5-10 minutes before removing by pulling up both sides of parchment paper. Finish cooling on wire rack. Once cool, frost with cream cheese frosting. Cut into squares before serving or gifting for the holidays. Store in airtight container for up 5 days.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and salt, followed by adding the powdered sugar a little at a time until fully incorporated.
3. Store extra frosting in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe courtesy cookingchanneltv.com.Read MoreLess