Courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Giada De Laurentiis's Arugula Salad
Claim to fame: Italian chef Giada De Laurentiis is a judge on Food Network Star and hosts the Food Network's Everyday Italian.
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 shallot, minced
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 apricots, halved, stones removed (You can use any stone fruit such as peaches or plums. Red apples or figs are also great alternatives.)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced
8 cups (7 ounces) baby arugula
½ cup coarsely chopped, skinned and toasted hazelnuts
1. Combine the balsamic vinegar and shallot in a small bowl.
2. Slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl, whisking constantly.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
Arugula Salad Directions:
1. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Brush the apricots with the olive oil and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
2. On the other side of the grill cook the pancetta slices on each side, until crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Place the arugula in a large salad bowl. Slice the grilled apricots and add to the bowl.
4. Add the vinaigrette and toss to lightly coat the arugula.
5. Crumble the pancetta over the top and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6 people.
Skip to news content.