1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. sugar
1 cup canola oil
25 fresh basil leaves, plus a few extra for garnish
1. Place beans in a steamer in a covered saucepan over medium heat.
2. Steam about 5 minutes until beans turn bright green and are tender but still crisp.
3. As beans are steaming, mince garlic and shallot in a food processor.
4. Add remaining ingredients into food processor and pulse until basil leaves are coarsely chopped.
5. Pour dressing over hot green beans and garnish with remaining whole basil leaves.
Serves 8Read MoreLess