May 30, 2017 @ 10:00 AM
50 Celebrity Rooms to Be Inspired By
1. Jennifer MorrisonTHE STATS As the star of the TV hit 'Once Upon a Time' and the new owner of a magical L.A. home, Jennifer Morrison is living a storybook life. "I love the romance of 1930s California homes like this one-its charming details really transport you back in time."
2. More from Inside Morrison's HomeLIVING ROOM Designer Christos Prevezanos paired the sofas with a minimal midcentury Paul McCobb glass coffee table and brought in a classic California feel with local vintage pottery, beautifully weathered antique rugs, and carved wooden furniture.
KITCHEN For her light-filled kitchen, Morrison had her friend Ezra Weigel craft a custom walnut and alder dining table. "I wouldn't claim to be a chef extraordinaire, but I do like to cook when I have the time," Morrison says. "I'm definitely going to have some formal dinners here."
BEDROOM "I wanted to keep the decor fairly simple in the bedroom," says Morrison, "since the beamed ceilings, balcony, and fireplace were already strong focal point."
3. More from Inside Morrison's HomeGARDEN At the back of the house, a Juliet balcony off the den overlooks the pool area. "It really is an evocative garden setting," says Morrison. A trio of potted plants and succulents in contrasting proportions makes an unfussy, impromptu centerpiece on an outdoor table.
POOL A built-in stone bench arrayed with comfy pillows is the perfect perch for a quick swim break. "When I was house hunting, I would see places with amazing views, but that always kind of freaked me out," she says. "I enjoy more privacy. Here, it's so enclosed, all you can see is greenery and sky."
4. Denise RichardsTHE STATS With a taste for luxury, actress Denise Richards has turned her L.A. home into a glam showplace, where you'll find the most surprising things-a chandelier in the bathroom, corset-inspired chairs, and, quite possibly, Charlie Sheen. (Yes, they're really friends!)
5. More from Inside Richards's HomeBAR "Using black and elements of red makes this room feel like a hip New York bar," says designer Kara Smith. It comes complete with a white onyx fireplace and two flat screens. Richards uses the space for monthly potluck dinners ("supper clubs," she calls them) with pals like Lisa Rinna and Holly Robinson Peete.
ENTRYWAY "I love texture," says Richards, who punched up the entryway with a Capiz-shell wall covering, Venetian plaster walls, and leopard-print carpeted stairs.
WINE ROOM Temperature-controlled cabinets in the wine room hold about 240 bottles of vino. Michael Berman club chairs are upholstered in a textured weave fabric from the Romo Group's Miami collection. Fresh flowers delivered every other week provide fragrance and a shot of rich color.
6. More from Inside Richards's HomeDINING ROOM Vintage Dior gowns inspired the shape and swag of the custom drapes in the formal dining room and bar.
KITCHEN The centerpiece of the Tuscan-inspired kitchen is a U-shaped silver quartzite island. Richards opted for large windows instead of extra cabinets to keep the room bright.
7. More from Inside Richards's HomeMASTER BATHROOM A platinum-tile tub from Italy is the focal point of the master bathroom with its white onyx floor.
CLOSET "I wanted my closet to have a boutiquey feel because this is where I do my hair and makeup before going to events," says the actress.
MASTER BEDROOM "I wanted the master bedroom to be soothing," says Richards, shown relaxing in the sitting area, with its iridescent silk carpet and light celadon sofa. Moldings were painted with a pearl-ized glaze to highlight the subtle shimmer of the wall covering.
8. Cat DeeleyTHE STATS 'So You Think You Can Dance' host Cat Deeley doesn't just think she can decorate-she really can. Witness the delightfully eclectic style of the bubbly Brit's light-filled Beverly Hills home, a boho-chic "commune" where Champagne flows and guests can't help but linger. "I want my house to be like a diary. Your home should reflect your travels and your history."
9. More from Inside Deeley's HomeKITCHEN "It's all brand-new, with a double oven and a wine fridge," she says of her snow white kitchen. Open walnut shelves hold knick-knacks from her travels and cookbooks written by her chums Jamie Oliver and Sophie Dahl.
LIVING ROOM In the living room Deeley relaxes on a vintage 1970s De Sede DS-600 leather sofa purchased in Paris that can "be moved around like a caterpillar," she says. "I wanted a couch you can really hang out on."
DINING ROOM A midcentury-modern table, purchased on a trip to Palm Springs, pairs nicely with linen-covered chairs from Environment in Los Angeles. "I quite like the juxtaposition with the industrial light fixture," Deeley says.
10. More from Inside Deeley's HomeDRESSING ROOM Decked out with a Union Jack motif and Indian temple posts, the dressing room is also where she likes to unwind. "This is where I do yoga. It's my one hour of shutting everything else off."
MASTER BATHROOM A custom-made, walnut vanity and a Venetian mirror share space in the master bathroom with a funky macramé plant hanger. Deeley can see the pool through the window while she's soaking in the matte white tub.
BEDROOM "It's romantic bohemian," says Deeley of her creamy white bedroom, where her pooch, Lilly, rests at her feet. She bought her sheets at the luxurious San Ysidro Ranch in nearby Montecito: "I stayed there and loved the bed so much that I was not going home without the linens, duvet, and pillows!"
11. More from Inside Deeley's HomePOOL Deeley likes to curl up by the pool with a margarita and a good book, but it's also where she entertains. "I host a Fourth of July barbecue every year for all the 'So You Think You Can Dance' contestants. The pool looks like a big bowl of dancer soup!"
12. Kim Raver
THE STATS In Los Angeles, where Raver works, she spend most of the year in a recently renovated modernist bungalow, all sharp angles, open surfaces, glass walls, and poured concrete floors, interspersed with pops of bold color. But come summer, Raver and crew head to the east end of New York's Long Island and the comfort of a centuries' old cedar-shingle farmhouse that's decidedly not modern.
13. More from Inside Raver's East Coast HomeBEDROOM A sense of history permeates the couple's upstairs bedroom. The dollhouse at the foot of the bed was passed down to Kim Raver by her grandmother.
KITCHEN The open kitchen with its beadboard paneling and wood counters is a favorite gathering spot.
LIVING ROOM The living room fireplace in the 300-year-old house is framed by deep-seated wicker chairs and an overstuffed sofa, perfect for curling up with a good book, says Raver. "I love how old the house is and to think about all the generations of different families who have gone through here."
14. More from Inside Raver's West Coast HomeKITCHEN "We've always had an island in every kitchen," says the actress. "I got that idea from my mom. It's great because then people pitch in. Everyone's chopping vegetables!"
SITTING ROOM The photos that hang above the sofa in a sitting room help make a house a home, says Raver. "I love being surrounded by family memories. We've got pictures of our parents in their 20s and one of my grandmother getting married."
LIVING ROOM To soften the austere effect of the poured concrete floors, Raver brought in a colorful deep-pile rug. "The minute we put it in, we all cuddled up on it. I have two boys, and it's the perfect place for them to wrestle."
15. More from Inside Raver's West Coast HomeDINING ROOM "We loved the red chairs, but people couldn't sit in them for any length of time. So we replaced most of them with super comfortable brown ones. I just kept two in the mix to add some energy to the room."
BATHROOM The master bathroom has azure-blue tiles and a poured concrete trough sink.
OFFICE The couple opted to forgo a garage in return for a hip, industrial-looking office space. The furniture is almost all mid-century from vintage stores in New York and Venice, CA.
16. LL Cool JTHE STATS LL Cool J (aka Todd Smith, as his friends and family call him) lives in his posh Tudor-style five-bedroom home with his wife Simone (third from right), son Najee (not pictured) and daughters Nina, Samaria, and Italia. The house was designed with the specific needs of his family in mind. "I put in a gym," Smith says, "and a hair salon so the girls don't have to run around; they can have their stylists come right here. And the home theater is here. You don't have to leave!"
17. More from LL Cool J's HomeGYM "I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal and be Mr. Perfect, but I love my family," Smith says. "I work a lot, but I try to be really connected with them in the moments when I'm home," says Smith, shown here with Nina in his fully tricked-out gym.
KITCHEN "Todd and the kids would always rather have a home-cooked meal than go out to a restaurant," Simone says.
LIVING ROOM In the living room, a portrait of Smith and his wife, by L.A. artist Wallace Leifer, highlights the rap star's epic abs.
18. More from LL Cool J's HomeTHEATER "The kids like to hang out here more than I do," says Smith of the home theater.
BEDROOM Simone loves animal prints. "They're warm and earthy," she says. Framed drawings of wildcats hang in the master bedroom.
BEDROOM Decorator Cherryl Alan, who's based in Tarzana, California, made the bedroom "light, vibrant, and filled with energy," says Smith."I wanted our bedroom to feel like a luxurious presidential suite."
19. Diane von FurstenbergTHE STATS Her idyllic home in the country, called Cloudwalk, is sprawling landscape with a lake, hiking trails, a barn with chickens and two buildings: One is the property's original 19th-century residence, which has been renovated to house the kitchen, living room, and bedrooms for guests. The other, a former barn, is now "my home, a must for me," says von Furstenberg. "Welcome to my salon, my sanctuary, my archive, and my studio. This is my place to think and my place to dream."
DECOR The portrait left is from a Paris flea market, and DVF collects art nouveau vases "from anywhere I can find them," she says.
20. More from Inside von Furstenberg's HomeHALLWAY Her treasures from around the world-like a bronze Viennese art nouveau mirror, iron "coatracks" by Saint Clair Cemin, and an armored trunk from Morocco-are proof that she "must shop everywhere."
OFFICE Big tables like this rustic wood slab by Nakashima "are my obsession, because I love spreading things out," she says. "It's a great way to zero in on the best ideas."
LIBRARY Convinced that a library "should be filled with light and comfortable furniture," von Furstenberg chose plush sofas and art deco chairs.
21. More from Inside von Furstenberg's HomeBEDROOM In her bedroom is the only small table in the house, a delicate 19th-century French piece she has paired with a modern swirl-back, three-footed brass chair by Salvador Dalí.
BATHROOM There's fashion history in DVF master bathroom, and it's not made of Carrara marble. The screen was created by one of Coco Chanel's assistants, out of strips of silk that once belonged to the designer.
BEDROOM When not testing the resiliency of her mattress or adding to the rise-and-shine energy of her new bedding line, her granddaughters Talita, left, and Antonia, form a mutual adoration society. "They are so different and both so delightful," says the designer.
22. Ashley TisdaleTHE STATS Ashley's contractor father, Michael Tisdale, built her 3,500-square-foot home. "I definitely got my dad's 'construction' gene," she says. "When I was younger, I had my own tool belt. I can build anything from Ikea!" Her quiet neighborhood is close to Hollywood, but just far enough away to provide privacy. Neighbors include Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli, Brooke Burns, Hilary Duff, and George Lopez.
WHY SHE LOVES IT The house's décor reflects what she describes as a Santa Barbara-like aesthetic, with beachy white interiors and Spanish-style motifs. "The colors throughout are neutral and pastel," she says. "It's almost spa-like."
23. More from Inside Tisdale's HomeKITCHEN Tisdale says she enjoys cooking in her yellow-and-white marble-appointed kitchen, but typically when friends come over, "we hang out, watch movies, and eat takeout!"
BEDROOM In the bedroom a gray satin headboard and mirrored bedside cabinets provide that Hollywood glam feel. A modern touch: The flat-screen TV pops up from a console at the foot of the bed!
BACKYARD The pool area and backyard are modeled loosely on Las Ventanas in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, one of Tisdale's favorite hotels.
24. Julie BowenTHE STATS The 'Modern Family' actress lives in a mid-century ranch-style house, close to a canyon where she goes on her morning runs. "I'm out there early, around 5:30, before the sun comes up," she says. "Usually there are enough people around at that hour to scare away the coyotes."
WHY THEY LOVE IT Julieand her husband, software developer Scott Phillips, spent more than a year gutting and remodeling the house, creating an open floor plan with a light-filled living room where everything happens: play dates, story time with the children, and cocktail parties with friends.
25. More From Inside Bowen's HomeDINING ROOM The fabric on the dining room chairs was hand-painted by local artist Jeff Robinson and was inspired by the work of abstract expressionist Franz Kline.
BATHROOM Bowen and her interior designer sister, Molly Luetkemeyer, found the chandelier that hangs above the bathtub on eBay!
LIVING ROOM A chaise in Schumacher's Pearl River print is the centerpiece that pulls together all the colors in the living room. Striped stools with matching pillows and red lacquer chairs with green cushions play off one another.
26. Giorgio ArmaniTHE STATS Giorgio Armani's home is like a fortress: gates, massive front courtyard and all. Not only does this cluster of buildings house his home, but it also encompasses Armani's design, communications, and marketing offices; the sizable underground theater where he used to present his collections; an indoor pool-plus a garden for good measure.
WHY HE LOVES IT Each room is full of art and artifacts, antique rugs and elephant tusks, ceremonial costumes, books, and family portraits. "This is where I put all of the gifts that people have so generously given me. These rooms are where I collect many of the treasures from my lifetime of travel."
27. More From Inside Armani's HomeDRESSING AREA The mirrored doors of the dressing area open to reveal a wardrobe that is almost entirely white, black, gray, and navy. "That is my uniform. You will never see me in red or orange."
BATHROOM Photos of him in his youth are interspersed with sketches in his bathroom. "It's humbling to see yourself when you are young because I don't really feel myself getting older."
MASTER BEDROOM The master bedroom is the sparest space in the house. "I hate pretentious bedrooms, and I hate to sleep. Lying still feels a little too definite. So I don't want anything to tempt me to lie in bed. I get up, and I get out."
28. More From Inside Armani's HomeLIBRARY The narrow, densely packed library contains nearly 3,000 books on fashion, art, film, and design.
SITTING ROOM This sitting area highlights his obsession with lighting. "I think lamps are the most important element of my Armani Casa line."
DINING ROOM A checkerboard marks the spot for the rarely used dining room set. "When I have friends over, I don't like things formal. We tend to spread out around the room wherever it's most comfortable."
29. Kara DioGuardiTHE STATS The songwriter and 'American Idol' judge lives in a three-bedroom, Spanish-style abode she shares with her husband, Mike McCuddy, a home builder and artist whose abstract oil paintings hang throughout their house.
WHY SHE LOVES IT "I liked that the house felt so secluded," said the native New Yorker. Inside, it was the beamed ceilings and open floor plan that connects the kitchen, dining room, and den that sealed the deal. "I didn't even need to see the upstairs," she said. "This was my place. I just knew it in my gut."
30. More From Inside DioGuardi's Home
BEDROOM "My husband and I love to crawl into bed and watch movies," said DioGuardi, who plays with Tyree, a friend's Chihuahua, while her own doggie, Tiki, looks on.
WOOD SAUNA "I want my house to feel soothing and homey, like a spa, so I can just relax and be calm," DioGuardi said. To ensure that vibe, she put in an outdoor cedar sauna nestled in the trees on the nearby hillside.
KITCHEN AND LIVING ROOM "Katy Perry and I wrote 'I Do Not Hook Up' in the kitchen," DioGuardi said of Kelly Clarkson's top 10 hit. "And I worked with Michelle Branch on 'I'm Feeling You' while sitting on that couch. I feel inspired in this house."
31. Christie BrinkleyTHE STATS The supermodel lives in a four-bedroom, 18th century house with her Labradoodle, Maple Sugar.
WHY SHE LOVES IT Brinkley's most eccentric retreat is her Bridgehampton farmhouse-with the bric-a-brac to prove it: dried hydrangeas in the living room; paper lanterns she discovered on a trip to Bhutan; a chandelier she has had since the mid-'70s and just recently learned is Waterford crystal; and any number of Eiffel towers. "I cannot pass up an Eiffel tower," Brinkley said. "It's the symbol of romance.
32. More From Inside Brinkley's HomeDINING ROOM "I feel so honored to have one of April Gornik's paintings," said Brinkley, referring to the enormous seascape in the dining room. "It is such a serene spot." She used different fabrics on each of the chairs: "Mixing and matching fabrics looks much more interesting."
ART STUDIO Brinkley loves spending time at her private art studio, a mecca of paints, sketch pads, glue guns, and shells. "When I go into my art studio to paint, I lose all sense of time," said Brinkley. "If I could stay in there for days and nights on end, I would."
MASTER BEDROOM "I love the look of art school paintings," said Brinkley of the flea market nudes in her bedroom.
33. Christina AguileraTHE STATS The Grammy winner showed off her five-bedroom, 11,000-square-foot home in the October 2009 issue of 'InStyle'. She shared the home with her son Max and then-husband music producer Jordan Bratman.
WHY SHE LOVES IT Gothic, burlesque, Hollywood Regency and chinoiserie elements are juxtaposed with modern flourishes like graffiti artwork, Japanese anime and kaleidoscopic rugs. "I wanted every space to have its own personality," said Aguilera.
WHO KNEW! The Mediterranean-style mansion was previously owned by the Osbourne family.
34. More From Inside Aguilera's HomeClockwise from top left:
MASTER BATHROOM A Lulu Guinness rug leads to the singer's freestanding bathtub. For Aguilera, the bathroom is yet another place to display her found objects-candles, figures, falcons, even a Moroccan side table. "It's an eclectic equation," she says.
MASTER BEDROOM "I wanted a grand bed-to feel like a queen on a throne," says the singer of her extravagant four-poster bed.
GAME ROOM Smoky mirrors, crystal chandeliers, a pink-and-black billiards table, and a pair of vibrant rugs by Paul Smith add sophisticated edge and grown-up glam to the game room.
35. Kate WalshTHE STATS Walsh shares the 1920s-era, Spanish-style home with her four pets (two mutts, Rosie and Lucy, and a pair of cats, Pablo and Billie).
WHY SHE LOVES IT "I wanted to mix 20th century design with French and Spanish antiques-and not have it look like a garage sale!" says Walsh.
ON-SET INSPIRATION Walsh was so enamored by her character's bedroom on 'Private Practice' that she hired the show's set decorator, Melissa Levander, to help her furnish and decorate the house.
36. More From Inside Walsh's HomeClockwise from top left:
MASTER BEDROOM "It's like a little Parisian apartment," says Walsh. A soft blue-and-gold rug from H.D. Buttercup contrasts with the dark floors.
TV ROOM The actress, a tennis fan, watches matches in her window-lined TV room. Blackout curtains on a curved track make daytime viewing easy.
BACKYARD Walsh and her garden designer Fran Fox (they were introduced by Katherine Heigl) keep the backyard pool-and-patio area flowering all year long.
37. Kristen BellTHE STATS Bell's seven bedroom, 5,500-square-foot, Spanish-style home sits on 2.5 acres, dotted with lavender, bougainvillea and abundant jasmine.
THE STATS To spruce up the somewhat dated interior, the actress worked with L.A. designer Stacey Vuduris. Their MO was simple: Create a signature design element for each room that managed to blend Bell's passion for sleek, modern lines with her penchant for feminine accents.
WHO KNEW! Known to be quite the caretaker, the actress once shared her home with six roommates.
38. More From Inside Bell's HomeClockwise from top left:
DINING ROOM Faux-suede-and-chrome chairs from CB2, a ceiling warmed by custom wallpaper and a chandelier of clustered globes from Shades of Light provide a sophisticated contrast to the overall relaxed feel.
BACKYARD "I found a rock 15 feet up the hillside that you can jump from into the pool," says Bell. "This whole place is like a jungle gym!"
LIVING ROOM Bell bought her custom ottoman at Plantation and covered it with fabric in the Chiang Mai Dragon pattern from Schumacher.
39. Olivia WildeTHE STATS Shortly after marrying six years ago, Wilde and her husband, Tao Ruspoli (a photographer and documentary filmmaker) bought this 2,000-square-foot, three-story, loft-style townhouse. The couple divorced in 2011.
WHY THEY LOVE IT Artfully restored antiques, eclectic furnishings and charming pieces collected by the couple fill their home. "You can tell that each thing is from a different trip or a certain time in our lives. It represents who we are," says Wilde.
WHO KNEW! The actress calls herself the "eBay queen," and is a pro at antiquing.
40. More From Inside Wilde's HomeClockwise from top left:
DINING ROOM The red leather dining chairs made an appearance in the 1948 film 'Hamlet', starring Laurence Olivier.
OFFICE A sitting area in the office showcases a large framed photo (Hands, by Robert Stivers) and an oval glass coffee table supported by silver-leaf metal ram's heads.
SITTING AREA A zen corner with an Indian table, a Japanese paper lantern and a painting by Terrell Moore.
41. Donatella VersaceTHE STATS After living in her Milan, Italy duplex for many years, Donatella Versace decided it was time to redecorate. She chose antiques mixed in with sleek, spare pieces, and has discarded the landscape of baroque patterns and forms that was her late brother Gianni Versace's hallmark. "When I come home now, I want to feel serene. The height of luxury is to be comfortable in your own surroundings. And for that I need to see light and feel it all around me. Just because furniture is big and luxurious doesn't mean it has to look heavy."
WHY SHE LOVES IT Since brightening and streamlining the decor in her home, Versace-who doesn't design at home-says she finds it easier to relax, think and dream.
42. Jessica Alba and Cash WarrenTHE STATS "The energy here is so inviting-it is open and playful," says Alba of the two-story, eco-friendly L.A. canyon home she shares with husband Cash Warren and daughter Honor Marie. The actress worked closely with eco-design enthusiast Kari Whitman to create the look. "It's all about working with existing things," says Whitman. "Jessica would e-mail me things she found on Craig's List."
WHY THEY LOVE IT "It's kid-friendly, animal-friendly. You can jump on the sofas, walk around barefoot. There's nothing off-limits here," says Alba.
43. Heidi Klum and SealTHE STATS 'Project Runway' host Heidi Klum and ex-husband Seal loved escaping to their home-away-from-home in Costa Careyes, Mexico with their three children. The couple divorced in 2012. The house boasts a master bath with a balcony overlooking the ocean and a central courtyard with a waterfall.
44. Jennie Garth and Peter FacinelliTHE STATS To keep the family of five happy, '90210' star Jennie Garth and her actor husband Peter Facinelli strive for a balance of style and functionality in their 9,500-square-foot Los Angeles home (they divorced in 2012). Some rooms are clean and classic, while others, like the game room, are definitely for play. "The furnishings reflect Jennie's personality," says decorator Trina Boyd. "Romantic, soft, and pretty, with a little bit of edge."
WHY THEY LOVE IT It has history! The original house was once home to country-western star Tex Ritter (father of John Ritter). "One of our neighbors said he used to see John Wayne coming to the house for poker games," says Facinelli.
45. Amy SmartTHE STATS "It's Cape Cod meets Hollywood bungalow," says actress Amy Smart of her 2,000-square-foot, two-bedroom cottage in Beverly Hills. Special touches like a vintage farm table in the kitchen and crown moldings in every room pull together the charming decor. "I didn't go too modern because I wanted to keep the feel of the '40s," Smart says.
WHY THEY LOVE IT A large backyard full of rosebushes and lemon and lime trees surround her saltwater pool and deck. "I grew up in a house with huge decks and picture windows," Smart says. "I still need that touch of nature to ground me."
46. Vanessa WilliamsTHE STATS When in L.A., the 'Ugly Betty' star calls this six-bedroom house nestled in the Hollywood Hills home. "I'm trying to combine furniture I already own with new pieces that work with the contemporary flair of the house," Williams says.
WHY SHE LOVES IT The stunning view of rolling hills and the ocean beyond. "The first thing I do in the morning is open up all the sliding doors," she says.
47. Miley CyrusTHE STATS The two-story, 9,000-square-foot Cyrus-family North Hollywood home is like a villa with its red-tiled roof, hacienda-inspired architecture, Tuscan-like fountains and swimming pool. "Parts of it are really modern, but it's mostly old Italian country," says Miley Cyrus. A temperature-controlled wine room was turned into a haven for dad Billy Ray's guitar collection.
WHY THEY LOVE IT "Our house is fun!" the teen sensation says.
48. Constance ZimmerTHE STATS 'Entourage' star Constance Zimmer shares a modern 1,400-square-foot, two-bedroom Hollywood home with her husband Russ Lamoureux, their 7-month-old daughter Colette and two cats. The master bedroom features floor-to-ceiling forest-mural wallpaper. "This house has huge walls," Zimmer says. "So we used wallpaper like artwork."
WHY THEY LOVE IT It's full of vintage furniture, auction finds and inherited keepsakes. "It's 'Bohemian modern.' We didn't want it to look cold, so we tried for an eclectic flea-market vibe."
49. Josh GrobanTHE STATS Superstar singer Josh Groban resides in a breezy Malibu bachelor-pad, set on two acres of beautiful tree-filled hillside. "When I first saw this place, my reaction was, 'It's like being on an instant vacation-I'll take it!" Groban says. The home has a pool and waterfalls, as well as a wood-paneled media room where he hosts movie nights.
WHY HE LOVES IT The size of both the house and property. "I bought this house with the idea that I'd grow into it," he says.
50. Michael KorsTHE STATS Fashion designer and quintessential city man, Michael Kors and his husband, Lance Le Pere, share a sophisticated apartment in the iconic West Village neighborhood of Manhattan. Along with architect Glenn Gissler, the couple transformed their modern, minimalist apartment into a home. "We wanted to be surrounded by elements of sleek, classic interiors by George Nelson, Mies van der Rohe and Knoll, and give a little wink to the seventies because that's when I think New York was so much fun," Kors says.
WHY HE LOVES IT It's his own little piece of Manhattan. Whether it's having takeout delivered for dinner or kicking back with his friends on the lavish terrace, anything goes. "You're in my New York, baby," he says.
51. Kelsey GrammerTHE STATS Kelsey Grammer's 8,000-square-foot New York retreat-set on two-acres of coveted coastal Hamptons property-is all about relaxation for his family of four. The decor of the classic New England-style home is a mix of west coast and east coast, as well as a mix of Kelsey and his ex-wife Camille's tastes (they divorced in 2012). "We've grown together toward a certain style," he says. "Without Camille I would never have become a guy who cares about furniture. Now she just has to figure out how to accessorize me, so I go with everything else in the house!"
WHY THEY LOVE IT There's room for a crowd. The estate has seven bedrooms to accommodate Grammer's extended family for dinners and parties. "I like knowing everyone is just down the hall," he says.
52. Christopher MeloniTHE STATS Six years ago 'Law & Order: SVU' star Christopher Meloni and his wife, Sherman, bought a 5,000-square-foot cottage in Connecticut as a retreat from the city. "Serenity, beauty and freedom. It only took me 42 years to find all of these things," he says. The house is littered with relaxing warm tones, comfortable, traditional furniture and beautiful views of the lake and forest outside. "We wanted something with a country feel. But this is not a farmhouse, so we didn't want rural decor," he says.
WHY HE LOVES IT In addition to the zip line that stretches across the back lawn, the kids have playhouses and it's steps away from the lake where Meloni enjoys waterskiing. "I finally discovered a hobby sport," he says. "It's a big deal for me."
1 of 52
THE STATS As the star of the TV hit 'Once Upon a Time' and the new owner of a magical L.A. home, Jennifer Morrison is living a storybook life. "I love the romance of 1930s California homes like this one-its charming details really transport you back in time."
Powered By ZergNet