Fearless and utterly chic interior and accessories designer Kelly Wearstler has a refined yet glamorous style that translates into everything she creates, from jewelry to sculptures. Every month, she gives InStyle readers the low-down on her latest discoveries and passions on our monthly mood board. This month, Wearstler says, "I do" to traditional-with-a-twist wedding essentials. From an unexpected gown to her go-to wedding present, click through our gallery to see what Kelly loves when it comes to weddings.
May 30, 2014 @ 9:32 AM
May 28, 2015 @ 7:00 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 6:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
Only On InStyle
1. Form Marries Function"High-style table accessories are my go-to wedding present. With their artful pairing of marble and wood, these mod serving boards are a must-have," Wearstler says. Marble and wood serving boards, from $48 each; shopterrain.com.
2. Twice the Impact"A column dress in contrasting colors is offbeat yet elegant. The pockets give it a slouchiness that's not too informal for a reception," Wearstler says. Silk dress, Barbara Casasola; barbaracasasola.com.
3. Heaven Scent"With hints of Egyptian jasmine, gardenia, and wild lily, this sensual perfume hits just the right note for a summer wedding," Wearstler says. Bois 1920 Come l'Amore perfume, $230; kellywearstler.com.
4. Reel Happy"Guests use the five HD cameras provided by Wedit to record their favorite moments of the reception; the company then uploads the footage for easy access," Wearstler says. Wedit camera service, $499; wedit.com.
5. Finishing Touch"A thistle boutonniere adds a pop of vibrant texture to your date's crisp linen suit. It feels confident and sexy but not precious," Wearstler says.
6. Love Letters"Hand-carved Calacatta marble sculptures, used as bookends or objets d'art, will bring a bespoke vibe to the newlyweds' home," Wearstler says. Marble X and O, Kelly Wearstler, $550 each; kellywearstler.com.
7. Hello, Kitty!"I love low kitten heels for a party—they're so comfortable for all those hours spent on the dance floor," Wearstler says. Leather kitten heels, Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane, $595; Saint Laurent, 212-980-2970.
8. Between the Covers"A first-edition book with a personal note is a unique gift. Try this romantic memoir, which looks great on a coffee table too!" Wearstler says. I Married Adventure, by Osa Johnson, J.B. Lippincott amp Co., 1940, $195 (limited quantity); huntersalley.com.