May 29, 2017 @ 8:30 AM
Golden Globes Awards Party
1. Setting the SceneCreate an elegant but relaxed gold-and-white decor scheme; scatter bouquets of casablanca lillies and light globe-shaped candles. Serve each guest on a lacquered gold tray ($28; Caspari, 800-227-7274), and offer movie-set clapboard key rings ($8/12, plumparty.com) as party favors.
2. The MenuPigs in a Blanket with Mustard and Apricot Chutney
Individual Chicken Pot Pies (Buy online at www.twinhens.com or 908-925-9040)
Mesclun and Green Bean Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
3. What to PourLet guests know it's OK to think inside the box. Top wineries are producing delicious boxed wines that look smashing, stay fresh longer, and are great values. 1 Dtour Mâcon-Villages Côtes-du-Rhône 2004 (left, $37/3 liters). 2 Black Box Wines Napa Valley chardonnay 2005 ($22/3 liters; bevmo.com). 3 Target Cabernet Sauvignon/Shiraz 2005 ($16/3 liters, target.com for ordering details).
5. SnacksAvocado Dip
2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced Salt and pepper to taste
For dip: Mix all ingredients. Press plastic wrap directly on top of dip to prevent avocado from blackening. Refrigerate until serving time. For the cruditÃ©s: 2 lb. total fresh vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes, carrots, sliced peppers, radishes, cucumbers and endive leaves.
6. SnacksChicken-Apple-Sausage Pigs in a Blanket
(Makes about 35 pieces)
1 pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed
½ cup grainy Dijon mustard
1 pkg. (12-13 oz.) chicken-apple cocktail sausage links
Heat oven to 350°F. Unfold pastry sheets on lightly floured surface. Cut each into 6 rectangles, then each of those into 6 rectangles, then each of those into 4 long triangles (there will be dough left over). Spoon small amount of mustard into wide end of pastry and top with a sausage; roll, pressing gently to seal Place rolls 2? apart on baking sheet. Bake 12-15 min., or until golden. Serve warm.
7. SnacksMini Grilled-Cheese Sandwiches
10 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 medium shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ lb. sliced mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
48 slices rye cocktail bread
2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
½ lb. sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; sautÃ© 1 min. Add mushrooms; cook until tender, 3-4 min. Season with salt and pepper. Top bread with mushrooms, tomatoes or both; cover with cheese and bread slice. Press together. In large skillet heat 3 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Brown sandwiches in 3 batches until golden; turn once. Serve hot.
8. Party with PanacheOur exclusive In Style invitations on Evite will help make sure your Golden Globes fete is an A-list event.
Also on Evite, be sure to check out the party-planning tips, budgeting tool and drink calculator.
And don?t forget to share the photos of your revelries on our new Your Style pages!
1 of 8
Setting the Scene
Create an elegant but relaxed gold-and-white decor scheme; scatter bouquets of casablanca lillies and light globe-shaped candles. Serve each guest on a lacquered gold tray ($28; Caspari, 800-227-7274), and offer movie-set clapboard key rings ($8/12, plumparty.com) as party favors.
Powered By ZergNet