Aug 23, 2017 @ 5:00 PM
6 Easy Summer Cocktails
1. 6 Easy Summer CocktailsAs the days get warmer and the sun burns brighter, nothing welcomes the summer like an ice-cold cocktail. Whether you're partial to sweet fruit punch, or are looking for a way to switch up the traditional vodka tonic, we have you covered. Here's to a cool summer, indeed.
2. Patio PunchIngredients:
1 ½ cups light rum
½ cup Navan vanilla cognac
3 oz. amaretto
1 ¼ cups water
1 cup strawberries
1 ¼ cups sugar
Fresh lime juice
1 ¼ cups lemon juice
½ lb. fresh strawberries, sliced lemon wheels and rosemary sprigs
1 bottle chilled prosecco
Bring water to a boil, add strawberries and sugar, lower to medium heat and stir occasionally for five minutes. Strain and add a touch of lime juice to make flavors pop. In a punch bowl, combine all ingredients except prosecco. Pour into ice-filled glasses; top off with prosecco. Guests will want more than one glass; you'll have enough for seconds!
3. Kabosu Orange and Ginger CupIngredients:
2 oz. fresh kabosu juice (or mix equal parts regular orange and grapefruit juices)
¼ oz. honey syrup (2 tbsp honey whisked with 2 tbsp water)
3/4 oz. fresh ginger syrup (1 tbsp water mixed with 1 tbsp sugar, and ¼ tsp grated ginger, strained)
2 oz. gin
Slivers of orange peel
In a cocktail shaker, shake all ingredients with ½ cup ice. Strain into a glass filled with ice, and garnish with slivers of orange peel. Add one large ice cube; it will melt slowly, and the drink won't get diluted.
4. Salted Plum and Vodka TonicIngredients:
1 red plum, pitted and sliced (reserve one slice)
1 ½ oz. lime juice
1 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. vodka
Place plum slices in a cocktail shaker, and muddle or smash with a wooden spoon. Add lime juice, syrup, and vodka, then shake with ½ cup ice. Strain into glass with fresh ice. Top with tonic water and garnish with a plum slice; sprinkle sea salt on top just before serving.
5. Kyoho Grape SmashIngredients:
6 large Kyoho grapes (or any purple ones work), plus 3-4 sliced for optional garnish
3 mint sprigs, plus one sprig for garnish
1 oz. simple syrup (heat equal parts water and sugar until sugar dissolves; cool)
1 oz. fresh lime juice
2 oz. rum
2 oz. club soda, optional
Place grapes, mint, simple syrup, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and muddle or smash using a wooden spoon. Add rum and shake with ½ cup cracked ice. Strain into a glass, then top with fresh crushed ice and garnish with mint. Optional: Add a few splashes of club soda for a taller drink! Top glass with grape slices.
6. Flavored SeltzerSometimes, different cocktail combinations call for a drink that's refreshing to the palate, and not too sweet. Mix up a fresh, garden-inspired concoction for your guests, with a sprig of a fresh herb or an edible flower as a garnish.
7. TIP: Flavored Ice CubesDrinks tend to water down quickly in the summer heat, but flavored ice cubes can always make a cocktail exciting. To make a passion fruit and basil cube, mix juice with chopped fresh basil. Serve with seltzer for the non-alcohol-drinkers. A ginger and honey cube can be made with equal parts water, honey, and grated ginger. It works best with a vodka tonic, like our salted plum version.
1 of 7
6 Easy Summer Cocktails
As the days get warmer and the sun burns brighter, nothing welcomes the summer like an ice-cold cocktail. Whether you're partial to sweet fruit punch, or are looking for a way to switch up the traditional vodka tonic, we have you covered. Here's to a cool summer, indeed.
Powered By ZergNet