Jul 9, 2017 @ 5:30 PM
Best Vintage Finds
1. Nicky Hilton's Chanel TrayA vintage Chanel serving tray, which Hilton scored at an antiques store in the Hamptons, was converted into a side table. "I only buy things that have some meaning to me," says Hilton. "I don’t put objects in my home just because they look cool."
2. Molly Sims's Chandelier and ChairsThe Las Vegas actress furnished her guest room with chairs and a chandelier found at a Paris flea market. "Sure, it's convenient to go into a shop and buy a ready-made couch or chair," says Sims, "but I think it's more original to customize antiques." And that includes flea-market finds: The actress loves salvaging and recycling cast-off relics with hip fabrics and accents.
3. Constance Zimmer's Book CollectionThe actress loves to shop flea markets for vintage editions. The books get displayed around her home and help to create the overall "eclectic, flea-market vibe" she's looking for.
4. Nia Long's Fireplace ScreenLong and her mother regularly trawl the famed Rose Bowl Flea Market-where she scored this weathered brass screen-like pros. "I know that designers go at 5 A.M. and buy stuff there-then they refinish it and sell it at a 100-percent markup," she says. "If they can do it, I can too!"
5. Brittany Murphy's Perfume Bottles"I grew up flea-marketing," says the actress, who has been collecting vintage perfume bottles over the years. Murphy caught the collecting bug from her mother, who owned an antiques store in Edison, N.J., and instilled in her only child an appreciation for heirlooms.
6. Lisa Edelstein's ChairEdelstein found this airy mid-century wooden chair at an antiques store in L.A. and had it reupholstered.
7. Alicia Silverstone's ChandelierA glass-and-crystal chandelier, which Silverstone found at a flea market, hangs above a table fashioned from an old bowling alley lane by Big Daddy's Antiques in L.A.
1 of 7
Nicky Hilton's Chanel Tray
A vintage Chanel serving tray, which Hilton scored at an antiques store in the Hamptons, was converted into a side table. "I only buy things that have some meaning to me," says Hilton. "I don’t put objects in my home just because they look cool."
Powered By ZergNet