May 4, the day when all of the galaxies come together to celebrate one of our favorite movies, is fast approaching. Remember Han Solo's famous line from Star Wars? "May the force be with you, Luke." Well back in 1979, a London newspaper used the unforgettable phrase to congratulate Margaret Thatcher on being elected as the U.K. Prime Minister. "May the Fourth Be with You, Maggie," the exact message read.
Fans loved the clever play on words. And in 2011, the first major celebration of the unofficial holiday went down in Canada. Star Wars fans wore their best costumes as they gathered to watch parodies and movie tributes together.
VIDEO: 'Guardians of the Galaxy’ Star Karen Gillan Reveals Her Biggest Splurge
1. Star Wars T-Shirt Princess Leia
2. Covergirl Star Wars Nail Polish
3. Licaso Star Wars Clear Protective iPhone7 Sleeve Bumper
4. Star Wars R2D2 Inside Out Crossbody Wallet Clutch
5. Yoda Quotes Aluminum Bracelet