Today might not be May 4, but we're still freaking out because Star Wars: The Last Jedi is finally in theaters. Usually Trekkies are celebrating on May 4. Remember Han Solo's famous line? "May the force be with you, Luke." Well, back in 1979, a London newspaper used the unforgettable phrase to congratulate Margaret Thatcher on being elected as the U.K. Prime Minister. "May the Fourth Be with You, Maggie," the exact message read.
Fans loved the clever play on words. And in 2011, the first major celebration of the unofficial holiday went down in Canada. Star Wars fans wore their best costumes as they gathered to watch parodies and movie tributes together.
VIDEO: 'Guardians of the Galaxy’ Star Karen Gillan Reveals Her Biggest Splurge
1. Sperry Star Wars - Chewie & Han Slip-On
2. Star Wars Princess Leia Graphic Sweatshirt
$22 (Originally $39)
3. Covergirl Star Wars Nail Polish
4. Terez Crystal Vada Leggings
5. Star Wars T-Shirt Princess Leia
6. Licaso Star Wars Clear Protective iPhone7 Sleeve Bumper
7. Yoda Quotes Aluminum Bracelet