This year has seen some dramatic hair transformations, and many celebs have reworked their hair into pixies, bobs, and lobs. These stars have also been rocking some gorgeously textured tresses—Taylor Swift swapped her pin-straight style for waves that are reminiscent of her early days on country radio and Jennifer Lawrence perfected the look of beachy waves (above). Short hairstyles can range from the demure (like Rose Byrne’s 1950s curls) to the daring (like Rita Ora’s grittier tousled locks)—there's no shortage of celebrity makeover ideas for cropped, curly 'dos. Click through our gallery for inspiration!
July 11, 2014 @ 1:45 PM
May 22, 2015 @ 3:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
1. Jennifer LawrenceThough extensions may account for Lawrence’s quick jump back into bob territory, she’s experimented with the style, often adding texture, like these beachy waves at the Cannes photo-call for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.Try on Jennifer Lawrence’s hairstyles!
2. Nicole RichieThis cotton candy shade has been a staple of Richie’s since she teased her Instagram followers with a lavender-hued wig several months ago. Recently, Richie went for a bolder ombre shade, adding slight waves with a curling iron. Try on Nicole Richie’s hairstyles!
3. Julianne HoughEarly on, Hough was a proponent of the bob, but quickly ventured into pixie territory. These side-swept finger waves and slinky Marc Jacobs gown give the star a '20s feel. Try on Julianne Hough?s hairstyles!
4. Morena BaccarinBaccarin spent three years sporting a gamine pixie as the leader of extraterrestrials in V, and has since opted for her natural curls, including a bob-length 'do at this year’s SAG Awards.
5. Rita OraThe singer, who, thanks to mane man Chris Appleton, chopped her hair into an asymmetrical bob earlier this year, often plays around with long extensions, but put her short cut on display in this heavily textured style. Try on Rita Ora?s hairstyles!
6. Rose ByrnePolished curls and a blonder 'do gave Byrne the look of an Old Hollywood pinup at the 2013 Emmy Awards. Try on Rose Byrne?s hairstyles!
7. Charlize TheronAfter buzzing her hair in preparation for Mad Max 4: Fury Road, Theron’s steadily reached pixie length, tying it back in a ponytail while making the press rounds for A Million Ways to Die in the West.Try on Charlize Theron’s hairstyles!
8. Solange KnowlesKnowles is often credited with having a feisty sense of fashion, yet the singer is equally experimental with hair: She has recently rocked an Afro, dreadlocks, a buzzed head, and straightened locks. Try on Solange?s hairstyles!
9. Taylor SwiftSwift gave the world a glimpse of her natural hair texture with this subtle wave and pinned-back bangs during a day out in N.Y.C. Try on Taylor Swift?s hairstyles!
Though extensions may account for Lawrence’s quick jump back into bob territory, she’s experimented with the style, often adding texture, like these beachy waves at the Cannes photo-call for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.Try on Jennifer Lawrence’s hairstyles! Read MoreLess