Mar 22, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
Tastemakers' Holiday Gift Ideas
1. Stylist Rachel Zoe
2. Designer Jason Wu“These handmade bowls are deceptively simple on the outside, but luxuriously gilded inside. They add a splash of glamour to any table.”
Canvas Porcelain Dauville Gold-Brushed Bowl, $22 (3y" diameter) and $28 (4"); at canvashomestore.com.
3. Designer Isaac Mizrahi“Li-Lac dark-chocolate almond bark is incredible; I swear by it. People have too much stuff, but everyone loves to eat chocolate.”
Li-Lac Chocolates Dark Chocolate Almond Bark, $30/1 lb.; at li-lacchocolates.com.
4. Makeup Artist Gucci Westman“Hermes cuff links feel special to put on, and they’re not something that everyone will have.”
Hermes Stering Chaine d’Ancre Cuff Link, $425; at hermes.com.
5. Stylist Lori Goldstein“I always prefer a gift with a sensory memory. This candle smells like Versailles and will last all year.”
Aedes de Venustas Cire Trudon Candle in Roi Soleil, $75; at aedes.com.
6. Designer Monique Lhuillier“I am giving Polaroid cameras to family and friends. The vintage feel of the pictures is so nostalgic!”
Polaroid 300 Instant Camera, $90 (camera) $10 (film); at polaroid.com.
7. Interior Designer Nate Berkus“I like to buy a hardbound book and mark the first page with a ‘From the library of’ message that I inscribe.”
Thornwillow Press Vellum Foxglove Book Plates, $28/for 16; at thornwillow.com.
8. Interior Designer Miles Redd“Shoes require some sleuthing to find out a size, which implies thought and care. If the person is very formal, I opt for something a bit more cool, like Adidas Sambas.”
Adidas Originals Samba Suede Sneakers, $60; at shopadidas.com.
9. Stylist Estee StanleyMissoni prints are all so amazing and different, and a towel is something that you wouldn’t expect to receive. Plus, everyone uses one!”
Missoni Cotton Loris and Leonard Towels, (from left) $200 and $185; at ronrobinson.com.
10. Designer Cynthia Rowley“Artwork: whether it’s an Rx Art coloring book for my kids or something bigger for my husband.”
Between the Lines: A Coloring Book of Drawings by Contemporary Artists, Volume 2, $20 each; at rxart.net.
11. Jewelry Designer Alexis Bittar“Last Christmas I gave a stylish Parisian friend an embroidery with her name on it. Personalized gifts are always the most touching.”
Miniature Rhino Custom-Embroidered Heart and Zodiac Samplers, $60 (heart) and $38 (zodiac); at miniaturerhino.com.
12. Google V.P. Marissa Mayer“The Playstation Move is Sony’s answer to the Wii but with more interesting capabilities. The game can tell a player’s position and depth-you can hold a light saber or play archery! It’s really fun.”
Sony Playstation Move Bundle (includes controller, camera and Sports Champion game), $100; at bestbuy.com.
Powered By ZergNet