Linda Rodin is effortlessly chic, undeniably funky, and oozes cool. The stylist turned buzz-worthy cosmetics creator (and former model) is usually dressed in all black, which allows her incredible accessories and flawless skin to take center stage. The secret to Rodin's perfect complexion is Rodin Olio Lusso face oil --- or "perfect potion," as she likes to call it -- made from a blend of 11 essential oils derived from flowers and botanicals. Rodin first produced this formula to suit her own beauty needs, and needless to say, it looks like it's working wonders. We caught up with Rodin for the scoop on her makeup must-haves, shopping philosophy, and her biggest splurge-worthy purchase. (Hint: It was recommended to her by Adriana Lima!) Read on for Linda Rodin's tell-all.
What is the one piece every woman should own?
Denim trousers can be dressed up with a sequined top, dressed down with a tee, or worn to work with a tailored jacket. My favorite pairs are by Balenciaga and Lanvin.
What's your shopping philosophy?
Always go alone. You don't want to spend money on something you'll never wear because someone else thought it was fantastic.
What's your secret cheapie?
Clairol's Shimmer Lights shampoo ($8, sallybeauty.com) makes my white hair whiter and blond hair blonder.
Braziilian hair straightening by Ze Pedro (917-584-5592), recommended to me by Adriana Lima. For six months I can go outside without having to worry about my curly hair exploding!
Neon pink lips. Perfecting my signature hue is a three-strep process. To give the color staying power, I use Moodmatcher ($3, moodmatcher.com) as a base stain then fill in my pout with a Make Up For Ever lip pencil ($19, sephora.com). The final touch: a swipe of By Terry lipstick in Pink Party ($49, beauty.com).
Click to see Linda's picks for her signature nail color, the one she updates every season, her go-to hostess gift, and more.http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2013/WRN/101013-HP-taylor-swift-2..."]
1. My style icon..."Katharine Hepburn. She was the most glamorous thing."
2. My signature nail color..."I brush one coat of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos on my fingers and two on my toes. It actually matches the color of the walls in my apartment."
Essie nail polish, $8; essie.com.
3. Secret beauty weapon..."To keep my skin from getting dry, I apply Rodin Olio Lusso face oil before sunblock. I'll also put a few drops on my neck and décolleté for a fragrant sheen when I'm wearing a low-cut top."
Rodin Olio Lusso, $150/1 oz.; oliolusso.com.
4. Every season I update..."My shoes and my handbags. This year I treated myself to MM6 Maison Martin Margiela boots."
Boots, MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, $660; at MM6 Maison Martin Margiela.
5. My jet-setter look..."I wear button-downs from Band of Outsiders. I wash and dry them before getting dressed-that way, the fabric is softer and less likely to wrinkle during the plane ride."
Top, Band of Outsiders, $225; cahierdexercices.com.
6. Go-to hostess gift..."A tin of cookies from Sant Ambroeus. Not only are they delicious, but they store ships nationally, so you can have them sent to your destination."
Cookies, Sant Ambroeus, $36; at Sant Ambroeus, 212-570-2211.