The switch from your summer wardrobe to fall staples can be a tricky one, but channeling your inner rebel with a leather jacket is sure to make the transition much easier. Leather recently became a seasonless fabric, and you can wear a tough topper as an in-between piece with everything in your wardrobe (think flowy dresses and sleek separates). But these aren't your old-school leather jackets -- the new class of moto silhouettes have gotten decked out in high-shine finishes, new bomber jacket shapes, color-blocked paneling, and texture beyond imagination. Click the photo to see faux, affordable, and splurge-worthy styles you'll want to wear season after season.
1. ALICE by TemperleyA peplum style crafted in leather and detailed with suede stitching is surely splurge-worthy.
2. Nasty GalLet go of warm weather in a white faux-leather jacket.
3. River IslandSpice up your outerwear wardrobe with multi-colored embellished sleeves. (Think of all the mix-and-match potential!)
4. Michael Michael KorsThis washed leather jacket is color blocked to perfection and polished off with a metallic finish.
5. Laundry By Shelli SegalFight chilly days with this two-toned belted topper.
6. Free PeopleA pale pink hue adds a dose of femininity to this edgy style.
7. TopshopAdd a different silhouette to your leather jacket collection with this quilted bomber style.
8. Diane von FurstenbergSplurge Alert: Even though this topper may make a dent in your wallet, it will also hold a special place in your heart-and your closet.
9. MackageAn oversized collar adds refined glamour to this pastel moto jacket.
10. MangoAn asymmetrical zipper completes this tough topper.
11. Forever 21Crisp black and white teamed with chestnut brown has wear-with-anything potential.
12. French ConnectionTry a mixed-media piece to add contrast to your jacket collection.