Happy Bastille Day! Quick history lesson: July 14 marks the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille, which symbolized the rise of modern France. In honor of the country’s national day, we’ve curated a collection of all things French, from berets to stripes—plus some picks from our fave French fashion designers, like Chanel and Isabel Marant. So, break out the bubbly, enjoy a baguette (or croissant or macaron) and don your best Parisian look. Apprecie!
1. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Dress
Stripes are pretty much the country’s national print. Slip on a striped shift for instant Parisian fashion.
2. French Connection scarfBundle up in a red-and-white striped circle scarf.
3. Kenzo Eiffel tower teeCelebrate the City of Lights by wearing its iconic landmark: the Eiffel Tower!
4. Repetto mary janesStep into a pair of bold sapphire blue Mary Janes-the color of the French flag!
5. Sandro denim shortsTuck your striped shirt into a pair of cool chambray shorts by French label Sandro.
6. Laduree macaronsTreat yourself to macarons—the delicate French dessert. Bon Appetit!
7. Souvenirs of Paris beretDon a beret, once the national hat of France, to fete France’s national day.
8. Bensimon sneakersThese comfy steppers are considered the go-to summer shoe for French women.
9. Vintage Chanel bagWhat's more French than Chanel? Shoulder the quilted purse and make Coco proud.
10. Isabel Marant wedgesCelebrate the holiday on-trend with a pair of the wildly popular sneaker wedges by French designer Isabel Marant.
11. Annick Goutal Nuit EtoileeThis French eau de toilette spray is inspired by a moonlit sky. Spritz on this pretty blend of sweet orange, peppermint, pine and flowers.
12. Veuve Clicquot champagneFinally, toast to the holiday by popping some bubbly.