Nov 17, 2017 @ 3:00 PM
How to Wear Spring Trends at Work
1. How To Wear Spring 2013 Trends at WorkWe all want to look fashionable 24 hours a day, but adding a dose of style between 9 and 5 can be a challenge. Try our work-appropriate tips to incorporate spring's trends into your office looks (without getting a call from HR.)
2. A Pattern SheathThe Look: In the office or not, a well-fitting sheath is a wardrobe essential.
The Key: Two elements make this outfit double flattering: Vertical print panels give a slimming effect, while a wide belt gives an hourglass effect.
3. Modern Suiting and a Graphic TeeThe Look: A jacket and blazer never looked so...chic.
The Key: A cropped trouser cut and emblazoned T-shirt give the traditional suit a whole new spin.
4. Mixed PrintsThe Look: Print-on-print can work from 9 to 5 if it's in a more conservative silhouette.
The Key: Go for an outfit that's busy in pattern but not in color. A uniform white or neutral background grounds multiple prints and gives them a cohesiveness.
5. A Midiskirt
The Look: A full skirt goes pro with the right pairings.
The Key: The mid-calf length is ideal for more conservative settings; add a slim blouse or blazer to balance out the volume down below.
6. Layered NeutralsThe Look: A family of neutral knits is an excellent alternative to a traditional suit.
The Key: Play with varying lengths, but cinch those drapey fabrics with a belt!
7. Black and WhiteThe Look: Tried-and-true monochromatic always works, but a little detail offers a twist on the classic.
The Key: Add something: a brooch, a statement necklace, an accent detail on the shirt, to elevate the classic pairing.
8. White on WhiteThe Look: Head-to-toe white works for the beach and the office when armed with the right fit.
The Key: Keep the pieces polished, tailored, and crisp (anything too flowing will take on a Hamptons aesthetic), and either tuck or belt to keep fabric in line.
9. PeplumThe Look: If there was ever a trend that worked for office, this flattering cut is it.
The Key: Look for a more subtle cut (anything too dramatic might be too fashion-forward for day), and add a slim skirt for a boardroom-ready pairing.
10. LeatherThe Look: The edgy material can make an appearance on the office floor when paired with the right pieces.
The Key: The clean lines of a bright button-down add just the right amount of polish to a full or pencil skirt.
1 of 10
How To Wear Spring 2013 Trends at Work
We all want to look fashionable 24 hours a day, but adding a dose of style between 9 and 5 can be a challenge. Try our work-appropriate tips to incorporate spring's trends into your office looks (without getting a call from HR.)
Powered By ZergNet