Out with the old, in with the new! The end of every year usually prompts us all to make changes for the 12 months ahead, but this time, we're having fun with our resolutions -- and our looks! For 2014, we're resolving to take more style risks, and just because the effect is striking, that doesn't mean you have to spend hours primping -- especially if you're also resolving to spend more time living it up. We asked InStyle staffers for their instant beauty pick-me-ups that you can achieve in under 10 minutes. Not only will 2014 bring on new opportunities, but you'll be wearing a bold new makeup look to take them on!
December 27, 2013 @ 8:01 AM
May 28, 2015 @ 7:00 PM
May 28, 2015 @ 6:30 PM
Around The Web
Powered By ZergNet
2. Score Serious ShineWhen strands get dry in the winter, try this tip to make them gleam a la Sofia Vergara’s soft waves: “In between trims I do at-home glossing with John Frieda’s Luminous Glaze ($10; drugstore.com).” -Jennifer Ferrise, editorial assistant
3. Glow While You WorkFor that I-just-returned-from-vacation look, keep self-tanning towelettes in your desk. “They build a subtle bronze in a couple of hours.” -Angelique Serrano, beauty director Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Glow Pad, $34/20 pads, $45/8 pads for body; sephora.com.
4. Maximize a Manicure
5. Upgrade Your UpdoPut down the hairspray and pick up a headband! “I love to sparkle, and a crystal-embellished band delivers just the right amount.”-Glynis Costin, West Coast bureau chief
6. Pamper Your Pout“When I want to freshen up, I slather on Burt’s Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmer ($5; burtsbees.com). It’s made with peppermint, so it perks me right up. An added benefit? Fresh breath!” -Wendy Wallace, fashion market director
7. Electrify Your Eyes“Using bright shadows in place of normal black or brown eyeliner makes the color of my blue eyes stand out. I line my upper lids with cobalt, then dab chartreuse at the inner corners.” -Jennifer Mason, copy chiefNars Duo eye shadow in Rated R, $34; narscosmetics.com.