The 86th Annual Academy Awards are this Sunday, and we here at the InStyle offices have plans to gather around the TV promptly at 5:30 p.m. EST for the red-carpet kickoff, prepared for the long (but fun!) night ahead with plenty of pizza and chocolate. And thanks to Jenni Radosevich at iSpyDIY, we'll be able to get into the spirit of the evening even more with these DIY gold-star plates.
Radosevich came up with the idea especially for us, and once we saw the finished product, we immediately thought how perfect they'd be for Oscars night -- or any awards show celebration! If you're hosting a soireé this Sunday (or heck, even just looking to add some pizzazz to tired tableware) check out Radosevich's seven-step tutorial on how to create these party-perfect plates.
1. You'll Need:Porcelain plates
Gold paint marker
Cut-out star stickers
2. Step 1Cut out your star sticker, then peel off the sticker surrounding the star and adhere to your plate. Repeat this step multiple times, placing stickers randomly or creating a pattern.
3. Step 2Next, color in the negative space with your gold paint pen to create the star shape.
4. Step 3After the paint dries, peel off the sticker to reveal your stars.
5. Step 4Bake your plate in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit to set the paint. Let cool completely.
6. Step 5Repeat steps 1-4 using different sticker shapes to create a full set.
7. Care InstructionsHand wash.