It's no secret that statement necklaces are all the rage right now, but how much of a statement can such a necklace actually make if you spot someone else wearing the same exact one?
With that in mind, we asked Jenni Radosevich, the brain and blogger behind I Spy DIY, how she would create a truly original statement necklace. She came back with this easy five-step DIY that is as customizable as it gets: You can use any kind of gem, stone, ribbon, cut-out design -- you name it! -- for a one-of-a-kind piece that will most certainly have everyone asking, "Where can I get that?"
1. What You'll NeedFelt
Gems or Stones
2. Step 1Arrange your stones on the felt, and trace around each stone.
3. Step 2Remove the stones from the felt, keeping them in the same order you traced them in. Layer two pieces of felt and cut out the design.
4. Step 3Sew your stone on to the front piece. (You can find gems with holes at most craft stores, or you can simply glue the pieces to the felt.)
5. Step 4Glue the ribbon on to the bottom piece of felt, then adhere to the top piece of felt with glue.
6. Step 5Let dry, and then tie on!