Apr 28, 2017 @ 12:30 PM
The Ultimate Bra Guide
1. The Ultimate Bra GuideHave you ever gone into a lingerie store and wondered, what is all this stuff? From the sexiest lace items to quick-dry sports bras, follow our guide to find something that flatters and feels good.
2. BalconetteNot shy about showing off your assets? This little number reveals more than most. It's low-cut cups and wide-set straps will stay hidden, even under the most daring necklines.
Nylon-elastane with lace, DKNY, $40; macys.com.
3. ConvertibleTalk about transformations! This chameleon can switch from an X-back to a strapless to a halter and more, thanks to detachable straps and myriad hook slots. Traveling? It's the only bra you'll need to pack.
Lace, Gap, $40; gap.com.
4. Full FigureJust because you're busty doesn't mean you're stuck with ugly, industrial-strength lifters. Pretty styles from Chantelle, N Natori, Panache, and Playtex Secrets have delicate details and come in sizes up to a K cup.
From the top:
Nylon-spandex with lace, N Natori, $52; natori.com.
Nylon-spandex, Playtex Secrets, $35; kohls.com.
Polyamide-polyester, Chantelle, $78; bloomingdales.com.
5. HalterWork fall fashion's backless trend-without worrying about your bra straps showing. This around-the-neck version comes in sizes ranging from a B to an F cup and converts to a conventional style.
Nylon-elastane with lace, Le Mystere, $72; bloomingdales.com.
6. J-hookThis product comes with one small catch: Its tiny back clasp lets you switch the style form over-the-shoulder to racerback. (Your tanks will thank you.)
Nylon-spandex, Josie by Natori, $36; natori.com.
7. KnitRidiculously comfy, these bralettes are just the thing for a lazy Saturday at home. They'll give you some support with nylon-spandex fabric-just don't expect them to reshape your chest.
Nylon-spandex, Coobie Seamless Bra, $20 each; shopcoobie.com.
Some lingerie is too pretty to hide, but its open weave could be a tad risque under sheer clothing. Unbutton your blouse just enough to show a hint of the material, or select a model with opaque cups.
Polyamide-elastane and lace, Lou, $89; 212-205-3454 for stores.
Silk-polyamide and lace, Obsidian by Elle MacPherson Intimates, $85; net-a-porter.com.
Lace and tulle, Cosabella, $104; shop.cosabella.com.
9. Optional PaddingSometimes a gal just wants extra oomph. This genius bra comes with removable inserts that fit inside pockets along the underwire. Slip them in to give a little fullness to A, B, or C cups.
Nylon-spandex, the Little Bra Company, $60; 310-254-8542 (to preorder).
10. Petite PlungeIf you think you're too flat to rock a low-cut to, try Wacoal's Petite Push Up Plunge bra. Made for AA, A, and B cups, it has a deep cut and padding so the "girls" can take center stage.
Nylon-spandex, Wacoal, $54; wacoal-america.com.
11. RacerbackBare shoulders are sexy, but visible straps can ruin the effect. Keep 'em out of sight with a style that runs between the blades. (Bonus: Straps can't fall down.)
Lycra-nylon and lace, Victoria's Secret, $52; victoriassecret.com.
12. Side-SmoothingBack fat is Public Enemy No. 1 for any slim-fitting outfit. The Soma Intimates Sensuous Sides bra has control panels that smooth over lumps and bumps. And the secure fit means your bra won't ride up.
Nylon-spandex, Soma Intimates, $50; soma.com.
Lightweight, comfortable, and sexy, this barely there semisheer bra from Calvin Klein-for B,C, and D cups-is the next-best thing to being naked. The underwire adds discreet support.
Nylon-elastane with lace, Calvin Klein Underwear, $38; macys.com.
14. Wire-FreePut an end to poking. Those with a firm bust, or those who require only a light lift, can say bu-bye to underwires and get shaping from the seamless cups and specially stiched support panels on this style.
Nylon-spandex, Bali, $36; baliintimates.com.
15. Zip-frontThere's nothing worse than trying to wriggle out of a sweaty sports bra postworkout, right? Stop the struggle with this zippered gem.
Nylon-spandex and mesh, Champion Athelticwear, $46; championusa.com.
16. Quick-dryNothing cuts a workout short faster than chafing on the delicate bust and underarms due to damp skin. No worries here: The moisture-wicking material in this sports bra sends sweat to an outer fabric layer, where it evaporates instead of getting clammy against your skin. So you stay high and, well, you know...
Stretch jersey and micro mesh, Nike, $45; nike.com.
17. Vintage stylePretty silk and satin pieces trimmed with delicate lace are reminiscent of the romatic-looking lingerie of long ago. But (fortunately) they're a lot more comfortable with their stretchy micro-fabrics and flexible underwires.
Nylon-spandex with lace, Jezebel Lingerie, $32; designerintimates.com.
Silk-polyamide with lace, Stella McCartney, $125; 212-255-1556.
1 of 17
The Ultimate Bra Guide
Have you ever gone into a lingerie store and wondered, what is all this stuff? From the sexiest lace items to quick-dry sports bras, follow our guide to find something that flatters and feels good.
Powered By ZergNet