Jun 24, 2017 @ 1:00 PM
Stylish Winter Coats
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Gwen StefaniPlaid is hugely hip right now and looks great over solid neutrals.
BUY A COAT LIKE GWEN'S
Plaid wool-blend trench coat, Guess, $198; nordstrom.com.
3. Reese WitherspoonAn elbow-length coat, like Reese's from Simply Vera Wang, could be worn with long gloves to create an elegant evening look.
BUY A COAT LIKE REESE'S
Short-sleeve coat, Mint, $682; net-a-porter.com.
4. Jessica SimpsonA wild print is tamed with a frilly hem and ladylike accessories.
BUY JESSICA'S BETH BOWLEY COAT
Jaguar faux-fur swing coat, Beth Bowley, $400; shoptwigs.com.
5. Katie HolmesWinter white looks sophisticated and crisp. Reputable dry cleaners can apply stain guard to garments to prevent soiling.
BUY A COAT LIKE KATIE'S
Wool and silk coat, Versace, $2,575; saks.com.
6. Kate HudsonTop a pair of skinny jeans with a voluminous coat like Kate's. The deep criss-cross of the lapels gives shape to this style.
GET A COAT LIKE KATE'S
Candy funnel neck coat, Elie Tahari, $480; bluefly.com.
7. Katherine HeiglAlways a popular coat shade, punchy red looks sophisticated in pea coat styles.
BUY KATHERINE'S JUICY COUTURE COAT
Wool coat in Poppycock Red, Juicy Couture, $398; bergdorfgoodman.com.
8. Renee ZellwegerPopular patent leather looks sleek in a belted trench coat and effortlessly dresses up jeans and pumps.
BUY A COAT LIKE RENEE'S
Belted slicker, Calvin Klein $188; nordstrom.com.
9. Sienna MillerAdd a splash of femininity to your look with a full-skirted coat like Sienna's from Vidier & Nixon.
BUY A COAT LIKE SIENNA'S
Black coat, Robin, $480; edressme.com.
10. Rachel BilsonWhen layering, keep it simple with subtle details. Rachel gets it right with her easy, urban look made up of a short zipper jacket, colorful scarf, sweater and jeans.
BUY A COAT LIKE RACHEL'S
Wool Moto jacket, Brandon Thomas, $125; urbanoutfitters.com.
11. RihannaAn eye-popping color like yellow is tamed when it's part of a pattern like plaid. Keep the rest of your look simple when wearing a bold coat.
BUY A COAT LIKE RIHANNA'S
Double crepe car coat with belt, Dolce & Gabbana, $3,795; nordstrom.com.
12. Jennifer LopezIf a coat or cape is too voluminous for your liking, taper it with a belt at the waist.
BUY A COAT LIKE JENNIFER'S
Stingray cape, Marciano, $258; marciano.com.
13. Kate MossSexy leopard looks best with basic black; and should never be worn with another animal print.
BUY A COAT LIKE KATE'S
Mercer Leopard-Print Coat, Elizabeth & James, $795; bergdorfgoodman.com.
14. Jennifer ConnellyA cropped coat like this one from Giambattista Valli works to lengthen the legs and shorten a long torso. Stay away from this boxy style if you are apple- or pear-shaped.
BUY A COAT LIKE JENNIFER'S
Boxy coat, Paul & Joe Sister, $360; revolveclothing.com.
15. Mary-Kate OlsenIf you wear a fuzzy coat like Mary-Kate's from Top Shop, remember to keep the rest of your look very basic. This kind of coat is a statement piece and should have nothing to compete with in your look.
BUY MARY-KATE'S TOP SHOP COAT
Shaggy faux fur coat, Top Shop, $103; topshop.com.
16. Angie HarmonIn the season's hottest color, this gray leather Burberry Prorsum trench takes the traditional trench up a notch.
BUY A COAT LIKE ANGIE'S
Aged leather belted trenchcoat, Pasha & Jo, $360; bluefly.com.
17. Carrie UnderwoodWhen it comes to buying an evening coat for winter, look for feminine details like the ruffles on this Cottonade topper.
BUY A COAT LIKE CARRIE'S
Red Carpet coat, Nanette Lepore, $525; nordstrom.com.
18. Naomi WattsWhen choosing an empire-waist coat or other billowy options, make sure to wear something slim on the bottom for proportion.
BUY NAOMI'S MOSCHINO COAT
Double-breasted wool coat, Moschino, $1,295; net-a-porter.com.
19. Molly SimsThe pea coat, known as a reefer when the buttons are gold, is a wardrobe staple that transcends seasons and trends.
BUY A COAT LIKE MOLLY'S
Estelle peacoat, Hayden-Harnett, $425; activeendeavors.com.
20. Jennifer MorrisonIf you want a piece that's classically elegant, opt for a floor-length black coat like this from Chanel.
BUY A COAT LIKE JENNIFER'S
Wool-cashmere long funnel coat, Cinzie Rocca, $615; bluefly.com.
21. Eva MendesA coat with a diagonally-stripped pattern, like this one, is a great slimming option.
BUY A COAT LIKE EVA'S
Portrait-collar jacquard coat, Newport News, $79; newport-news.com.
22. Blake LivelyA coat like this one that hits at the knee is flattering on all figures. Petites should make sure to keep lengths at, or above, the knee, so as not to look swamped by a coat.
BUY A COAT LIKE BLAKE'S
Susie coat, Antonio Melani, $169; dillards.com.
23. Kylie MinogueA printed collar, buttons and cuffs add a playful touch to a traditional coat like this one.
BUY A COAT LIKE KYLIE'S
Reversible faux fur jacket, Kristen Blake, $138; nordstrom.com.
24. Kristen BellUnsure of what color coat to buy? Gray and camel are fantastic options because they pair well with so many colors, from neutrals to navy and black.
BUY A COAT LIKE KRISTEN'S
Pea coat, Jones New York, $155; macys.com.
25. Ashley OlsenThe perfect way to stay warm and stylish? A classic style that is lined with warm faux fur.
BUY A COAT LIKE ASHLEY'S
Faux poly shearling toggle coat, Pasha amp Jo, $240; bluefly.com.
1 of 25
Powered By ZergNet