As summer rapidly approaches we're paying tribute to the "OG" of all things swim and surf related, Gidget. The ultimate surfer girl, Gidget rocked the high waisted bikini and really started a trend that is still to be cherished. There are so many upsides to this kind of swimsuit, and at the top of the list is its powerful ability to hide a part of your stomach you may be feeling self-conscious about. Consider going a little more risqué on the top as the high-waist provides more coverage (usually) or get playful in a ruffle detailed bright red suit. No matter what we are sure you are going to look like a mega-babe by the pool, swimming in the ocean or just laying out with your girlfriends on a hot summer day.
VIDEO: The Tone It Up Girls Demo How to Get Bikini Ready
1. Imagine this ruffle bikini poolside in Palm Springs.
Lisa Marie Fernandez | $420
2. The white high waisted bikini could be a perfect honeymoon suit.
Norma Kamali | $460
3. Get the illusion of a one-piece in a bikini. Fold as high or low as you want.
Eres | $690 (sold as a set)
4. floral-print and oh-so feminine for your beach vacation.
Dolce & Gabbana | $670
5. Red hot and ready for the pool.
OYE | $350
6. This might be the ultimate lady-like bandeau bikini for a trip to the islands perhaps.
Jonathan Simkhai | $350
7. You can certainly zig-zag your way through the ocean in this bikini.
Topshop | $61